• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Finance

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 10826
Nope, not there yet....

Not full yet, but to me it seems like it is free money as I dump a dollar or two into it. I had it filled a few times in the more than 35 years I have followed this plan. I purchased a 1964 Cessna airplane (1/3 partnership) from this coin jug, my Salt Flats race Car, and my KLR650 motorcycle (used). I have pulled more than $10,000 out of that habit. It has served me well. There has been some great comments on this thread. Thanks. Finance that Elio however you can. I think it will be great!

Dee in Utah

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be interesting to know what the added value of the $5K in change in the bottle would be calculating compounded interest over the 15 years.

My problem, was that money that I put in the bank always got used up. I found I didn't rob my piggy bank. And my piggy bank, up until the Elio has always been reserved for bucket list items that I always wanted to do.

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a lot of fun to see it fill up although it seems like it takes forever (or 15 years), whichever comes first. Everyone has to have a hobby or two. As someone else has said, there are some great people on this forum. I followed the Facebook one for a while, but there is a lot more good, upbeat, educational, interesting people and comments on this one. Kudos to the moderators and the quality comments. I have been picking threads and just reading all the way through them. I am confident that with all the talented and informed people on this forum, that Paul Elio knows that a lot of people are liking his dream and we are all looking forward to getting to drive that dream. It is taking more time than most would like, but I hope the wait is nearly over.

Dee

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I plan to pay for my Elio with change. Every day I empty my pockets and dump the change into a 5 gallon water bottle. At about a dollar a day and over the past 15 years, I estimate $5000 in there now. Might have to name my Elio "Penny". I cannot pick up the 5 gallon jug anymore. I need to accelerate my deposits this year to $3 per day to get Elio 20,000 (approximately) off the line next year. Woo Hoo!
Might I suggest Cents. Pennys are an English currency. You might note my avatar is an early Cent. That's the style I collect.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I pulled something setting up this picture. Actually it's only 64 Lbs.

A FULL 5 GALLON JAR OF PENNIES WEIGHS ABOUT 300 POUNDS .
( BACK WHEN PENNIES WERE MADE OF COPPER )
Now they're mostly Zinc coated with a thin layer of Copper. They transitioned in 1982, so they haven't been copper in quite a while.

Top Bottom