• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio From Parts Already Available

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nothing really I was just giving Gas-Powered Awesome an answer.
And to think all the panties in a wad because I just wanted to know where the parts were coming from.
Some aspirin may been needed by ones that have their panties in a wad. :)
At what percentage of non American parts will you not except delivery or pick up your Elio?

Last edited:

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the ones who can't remember or understand the question.

Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is BS.
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.
Are these already being used on cars and cycles now? If so can you name them?

Legitimate and simple question but I guess it was over the head for some. :):):)

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in the auto parts business. I hope they use every common part they can. one of my pet pave's is batteries.
Every time a new car comes out they stick a "new" battery in it. Have you ever looked at all the batteries in the battery dept. at your favorite auto parts store? If all the mfg. would do what they do in Europe there would be 4 batteries. small, medium, large and extra large. All the euro batteries are the same design, just different sizes.
Please, all mfg. STOP RE-INVENTING THE WHEEL! A battery is a battery. It makes 12 volts and delivers about 600 amps. Stop makin the shape different!
Thank you, I feel better now.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For the ones who can't remember or understand the question.

Paul has said several times that the Elio will be built with parts already being produced.
I think this is BS.
Windshield, body panels, tail light, fenders, side windows, interior parts and panels, motor , transmission, front end parts...just to NAME A FEW.
Are these already being used on cars and cycles now? If so can you name them?

Legitimate and simple question but I guess it was over the head for some. :):):)

As far as I know the final production Elio is not set in stone yet, so even EM does not know exactly what parts will be unique to the Elio and which will come from other make cars and bikes.

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wayne, you seem pretty ignorant mechanically.

Of course the things you mention will be specifically made for this new vehicle.

I think the off the shelf parts are things like the axles, shocks and other suspension pieces as well as all those mentioned above.

To think they are going to have every piece off the shelf is just unrealistic.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wayne, you seem pretty ignorant mechanically.

Of course the things you mention will be specifically made for this new vehicle.

I think the off the shelf parts are things like the axles, shocks and other suspension pieces as well as all those mentioned above.

To think they are going to have every piece off the shelf is just unrealistic.

No, it seems you may be. READ the original post.
I asked for a list of items that Elio will use already being produced.
Seems NO ONE KNOWS but sure gets upset when you question a product that is being produced.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
'IIRC, they've said something like 80% off-the-shelf parts? Assume they mean quantity and not cubic feet."

You can look at the Elio and tell that figure isn't going to hold water.

Is that something like the production date early 2014, Price $6800.00 and the 84 MPG?

OOOOH! not feeling the love..... and of course it's possible a meteorite could crash thru the plant, and push the build down the road. Ya can't have all the "facts" life isn't that clear-cut, and waiting patiently until more is known is a vertue. "Where are the facts"- they have yet to be revealed life is a mystery......

Top Bottom