• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I voted no, I like something like these digitals.

Graig: I like those digitals too...But it will come will a $500 price tag. What they have in the P4 will have gauges or idiot lights for all the necessary functions. I like gauges over idiot lights. We have Honda civics where I work and they are OK dashes. I like a digital MPH read out more than an analog read out but once again we are talking a price bump. I'll try to take or locate a photo of a civic dash just so people can see it. But I'm good with the P4 because it looks like it is right off the shelf and ready to go. It looks like my Saturn/GM dash from the 90's. Gives me everything I need except tire pressure and now that is required by federal law.

Attachments

• honda_09civicsedanlx_instrumentcluster_Large.jpg
    honda_09civicsedanlx_instrumentcluster_Large.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 274

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Graig: I like those digitals too...But it will come will a $500 price tag. What they have in the P4 will have gauges or idiot lights for all the necessary functions. I like gauges over idiot lights. We have Honda civics where I work and they are OK dashes. I like a digital MPH read out more than an analog read out but once again we are talking a price bump. I'll try to take or locate a photo of a civic dash just so people can see it. But I'm good with the P4 because it looks like it is right off the shelf and ready to go. It looks like my Saturn/GM dash from the 90's. Gives me everything I need except tire pressure and now that is required by federal law.
I agree. I was just using as a sample. I would like the one in my new Sonic.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBBMo-7O7Imi2ya18NOa1h_-WKTIDjNE_6aXpXa1V4BS548EWL.jpg

less than 12 in across.

Marine 7

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig I vote no, if they can keep the price at $6800.00 they can put the one that I had in my first car a 1954 Ford.
I am also glad this will be built as a motorcycle, forget those tire pressure read outs.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Craig I vote no, if they can keep the price at $6800.00 they can put the one that I had in my first car a 1954 Ford.
I am also glad this will be built as a motorcycle, forget those tire pressure read outs.
I think it will be a little hard to screw the end of the speedometer cable in the side of the transmission, or were ever it went. I'm a Chevy guy. First car was a 62 Impala two door hard top. Not mine just a picture, though mine was just as clean.

44162_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Went to page 4 #35 and I see what the issue is. At 63 I might have an issue seeing the gauges. Again, I'll just wait to see what the final product is... Waiting in Dallas...! :)
If you will go to the Elio web site and voice your concerns regarding this dash you will help with the process of replacing it with something readable. Sit on your behind and wait won't help anyone including yourself. And you may be forced into looking at the elgin trying to decide if you are going 50 or 60

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you will go to the Elio web site and voice your concerns regarding this dash you will help with the process of replacing it with something readable. Sit on your behind and wait won't help anyone including yourself. And you may be forced into looking at the elgin trying to decide if you are going 50 or 60
Now H2odog, we don't know that. That is strictly speculation just like everything else. I'm also waiting to judge until I see it. I have no way of knowing exactly what it will look like in the finished product and because of that I personally am not comfortable complaining about it. I give the rest of you permission to do as you please. LOL :) Z

Last edited:

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Now H2odog, we don't know that. That is strictly speculation just like everything else. I'm also waiting to judge until I see it. I have no way of knowing exactly what it will look like in the finished product and because of that I personally am not comfortable complaining about it. I give the rest of you permission to do as you please. LOL :) Z
I am basing my statements on what I was told by Jerome Vassallo. If the Elgin dash stays in its present form I will not be purchasing an Elio. For me it is a major safety concern!

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personalize Me Please!
How easy is it to personalize your Elio? About as easy as hitting water when you fall out of a boat. We have a variety of stunning colors and each comes with AC/heat, power windows and door lock, AM/FM stereo radio, cloth seats, safety management system and more standard.

And make sure you check out the walls surrounding the showroom. They are going to be covered with available options for your new Elio. These will include cruise control, a stereo upgrade, navigation system a blue-tooth steering wheel and leather seating.

On the outside, you can personalize your Elio with a Wrap, custom wheels and fenders, sunroofs and glass roofs. Our suppliers and partners are putting together lists of items to choose from, so stay tuned for future announcements about available options.

The whole showroom is designed to spur your creativity and help you show off your uniqueness. Where else can you do that with such ease?

[Broken External Image]

Top Bottom