• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sticking with my "NO" vote on the Elgin dash. If they have other options I am sure I will choose something else ;)

unfortunately, this past weekend several of us were told at the tour event in Charlotte that the Elgin dash will be the only one installed by EM .... further they will not offer any other dash as an approved option .... folks who choose to replace an Elgin will have to do so at their own expense

Jim

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
unfortunately, this past weekend several of us were told at the tour event in Charlotte that the Elgin dash will be the only one installed by EM .... further they will not offer any other dash as an approved option .... folks who choose to replace an Elgin will have to do so at their own expense

Jim
I think what bothers most is the lack of choice. I'm sure we will all learn to live with it, but it would take very little effort to have two dashes for the customer to choose from, since this dash is an overwhelming dud, to a majority of buyers. By no means is it a deal breaker, but as a start up co., I would think you would want to keep your customers happy. After all, even at a $6800 price tag, we are buying a new vehicle. There should be an option for a different dash, even if it adds to the price. I for one would be willing to pay a little extra, not to have to tear my new vehicle apart to change something I never wanted to begin with.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think what bothers most is the lack of choice. I'm sure we will all learn to live with it, but it would take very little effort to have two dashes for the customer to choose from, since this dash is an overwhelming dud, to a majority of buyers. By no means is it a deal breaker, but as a start up co., I would think you would want to keep your customers happy. After all, even at a $6800 price tag, we are buying a new vehicle. There should be an option for a different dash, even if it adds to the price. I for one would be willing to pay a little extra, not to have to tear my new vehicle apart to change something I never wanted to begin with.
Does any other auto manufacturer offer dash options? I honestly don't know because I have always simply accepted and learned what came with my vehicle. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right Z, but did the dealer show you one dash, take your money down, then change it when you finalized the deal. Most folks who looked at the P4, and put down 1K, were under the assumption that they would be getting something close to what they saw when they reserved it. I don't consider it anything close to a bait and switch, but it does have a feel of "the hook is set, now reel um in." Even though that isn't Elio's intention.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are right Z, but did the dealer show you one dash, take your money down, then change it when you finalized the deal. Most folks who looked at the P4, and put down 1K, were under the assumption that they would be getting something close to what they saw when they reserved it. I don't consider it anything close to a bait and switch, but it does have a feel of "the hook is set, now reel um in." Even though that isn't Elio's intention.
I guess I simply think differently. I never assumed any of the borrowed parts used in the P4 were exact examples of what is to come. Also, Paul Elio has been very up front about having the Elgin dash so I have always assumed it will be what I get. So far I like what I see and like what I hear about it from those who have seen it in person so I am assuming I will like it. If I don't I will be sure to let everyone know. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Top Bottom