• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gone Bust ?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And at least you didn't lower yourself to returning the favor by insulting the poster you responded to. I gotta respect that.
There are better ways to indicate that you have an conflicting opinion than telling someone they have a psychosis.

Living in the real world is what has allowed me to arrive at a point were $1000 thrown down on an ELIO dream is no big deal. I clearly knew the risk going in and excepted that. I still hope to see the ELIO in production someday. Insulting someone gain nothing. ELIO got the ball rolling on hype that only last so long and you need to give the rest something real to buy into.
Emotion :My heart wants to believe it will be built, it will come in a little over the $6,800 for those of us in line more for the next group.
Intellect: 1. It will not happen due to funding the clock will run out.
2. It will fail and what is left purchased by someone else. It will be produced on a smaller scale at a higher price. But new owners will not honor the current reservation.
3. Same as 2 except offered only as a kit.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I WENT TO A MICROCAR SHOW IN GEORGIA THIS WEEKEND .

I AM PRETTY MUCH OFF THE GRID WHEN I AM OUT OF TOWN AND SOMEONE
AT BREAKFAST THIS MORNING GOT THE NEWS ON HIS PHONE THAT ELIO
HAD GONE UNDER .

HE MADE A FEW JOKES ABOUT PEOPLE WITH THE $1000 TEE SHIRTS .

I HAD NO WAY TO CHECK UP ON THIS UNTIL THIS EVENING .
SO NOW I AM HOME AND CAN FIND NO SUCH RUMORS OT STORIES ON LINE .

Obviously, this guy was 'yanking your chain'. Some folks enjoy messing w/ people - that's how they get their jollies.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fact:
: something that truly exists or happens : something that has actual existence
: a true piece of information

Why is it that some people are instantly willing to accept anything as truth without a shred of real evidence?
Why is it that some people are willing to believe people that are known to make up stories in an attempt cause them emotional suffering?
Why is it that some people can't resist spreading unsubstantiated rumors?
Why are some people so gullible?
Is your reference to those gullible people that believe it will happen and put money down or those gullible people that put money down, but now question it will happen? Elio apparently won't be a fact until it truly exists or happens. The only true piece of information is that there is no current funding. EM's lack of progress on the dream is apparently causing some people emotional suffering. Perhaps we need to be more understanding of that.

Smitty901's view point seems spot on.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I THINK THAT HE WAS YANKING MY CHAIN .

IN FACT , I SUSPECTED IT FROM THE START BECAUSE THEY WOULDN'T
MAKE THAT KIND OF AN ANNOUNCEMENT ON A SUNDAY .

IT WAS HOWEVER , THE FIRST THING I CHECKED ON WHEN I GOT HOME .

So why did you feel the need to come home yesterday and give ammunition to people who consistently add fuel to any negative commentary? Someone messed with your head so you decided to come home and share the wealth? Or you needed to do it to, hopefully, get some positive reinforcement?

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So why did you feel the need to come home yesterday and give ammunition to people who consistently add fuel to any negative commentary? Someone messed with your head so you decided to come home and share the wealth? Or you needed to do it to, hopefully, get some positive reinforcement?

NOT SURE HOW SAYING SOMEONE WAS WRONG GIVES "AMMUNITION" TO ANYONE .

ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SHARE THE EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH YOU GUYS AND SAY
DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
NOT SURE HOW SAYING SOMEONE WAS WRONG GIVES "AMMUNITION" TO ANYONE .
ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS SHARE THE EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH YOU GUYS AND SAY
DON'T BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR .

Ok, sounds plausible; but in your original statement that started this thread, you stated

"WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THAT ALL ABOUT ?
IS THERE SOME SORT OF AN UGLY RUMOR MILL OUT THERE
OR WAS LARRY NEWBERRY JUST TRYING TO START ONE ON HIS OWN ?"

That doesn't exactly sound like what you're saying now;
See how rumors cause trouble.
Online we don't have the benefit of seeing body language or voice inflections to fill in the details; only the printed words.
Maybe it's best to check on facts by asking differently. Just my 2 cents worth

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we are all more than a little bit on a razors edge. For me it goes back to the Aptera . Every thing was progressing one day, the next day they were destroying the bodies and employees sent home with out pay.
So yes any statement that the party is over, rumor or not, gets our attention. Because I know it can happen just that fast.

Top Bottom