• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much narrow pin striping in an offbeat design (this is Z speaking here after all) would cost? I love this idea more than anything I have seen to date! OK Universe I am putting the message out to you - I'll design it, you provide it. :p :rolleyes: :D :) Z

Hey Z, that would look great! I don't know if you remember the old "ZZ-TOP" '33 Ford coupe....A simplified version done in "electro luminescent" would fit you!
You might want to check your state laws, tho. I don't "know" that it would be a violation, but things like "under car neon" or neon "license plate frames" are only legal when NOT on public roads (in some states).

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Z, that would look great! I don't know if you remember the old "ZZ-TOP" '33 Ford coupe....A simplified version done in "electro luminescent" would fit you!
You might want to check your state laws, tho. I don't "know" that it would be a violation, but things like "under car neon" or neon "license plate frames" are only legal when NOT on public roads (in some states).
Thanks for that information. I will definitely check it out because I definitely want to be on the road. That is the whole purpose of this exercise. Actually, had to turn 40 to learn to appreciate popular music so my knowledge of ZZ-TOP is essentially they were a group. LOL :-) Z

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how much narrow pin striping in an offbeat design (this is Z speaking here after all) would cost? I love this idea more than anything I have seen to date! OK Universe I am putting the message out to you - I'll design it, you provide it. :p :rolleyes: :D :) Z

Z check out Don Fite Jr on Facebook, makes his living as a pinstriper. I am going to have him do some work on mine when it arrives.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What! Your'e not on Facebook..........Elio Motors Facebook........all kinds of good info there.
I wait for you to post it here. LOL My children are not on Facebook and I don't have grandchildren so why would I go there? This is my one and only forum of any kind so I think I will stick with it. :-) Z

BTW I like your avatar!

goldwing06

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In short, YES. Weather aside, electric power is a function of both voltage AND current. The more current you draw from the alternator the harder it is for the engine to turn it, which means more gas. How much fuel it takes to produce a given amount of electric power via alternator would take me ages to figure out, but I'm sure there are engineers out there who could run the calculation in their head.
wattage is p=i x e. since a mc has to run with lights on all the time, in most states, the lowest consumption headlights would be the best for gas mileage but maybe not the brightest as far as safety is concerned. i would assume the alternator would have a built in regulator and not consume anymore power than necessary to run the system, as opposed to the honda system that has full output all the time and just shunts the unneeded wattage to ground through a regulator diode.

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen pics of the headlights being mounted on the sides of the body (the ones that stick out), and I've seen pics showing them integrated into the top, front corners of the body. So which ones will the production models have? Personally, I prefer the integrated ones as it makes for cleaner lines...

Moderator Comment: Merged question into existing lighting thread

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen pics of the headlights being mounted on the sides of the body (the ones that stick out), and I've seen pics showing them integrated into the top, front corners of the body. So which ones will the production models have? Personally, I prefer the integrated ones as it makes for cleaner lines...

Integrated headlights similar to what we see in the orange P4 are the headlights that will be used due to better aerodynamics.

Top Bottom