• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to ask...If you were driving down a two-lane at night & wanted to pass a "slow-poke", would you go ahead and pass if you saw (what you thought to be) a motorcycle headlight coming toward you? You would say to yourself..."oh, that's only a motorcycle, he doesn't need the whole lane"..............Really?
I do agree that "being seen" is very important, and many have posted good ideas for making it "more visible." I just don't think it's important to "be seen" as a car. just my 2 cents.:)

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to ask...If you were driving down a two-lane at night & wanted to pass a "slow-poke", would you go ahead and pass if you saw (what you thought to be) a motorcycle headlight coming toward you? You would say to yourself..."oh, that's only a motorcycle, he doesn't need the whole lane"..............Really?
I do agree that "being seen" is very important, and many have posted good ideas for making it "more visible." I just don't think it's important to "be seen" as a car. just my 2 cents.:)

There is talk of thinking that the distance of the oncoming car looking further away because the headlights appear to be closer, but I guess we will just have to wait and see what it's like. Personally I don't see the issue (excuse the pun) but if people don't have good depth perception they shouldn't be able to get a license.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't underestimate the uniqueness of the Elio. It will definitely be an attention getter and not just another common economy vehicle.
Anybody else think, when we first get our Elios how many people are going to want to sit in them everywhere we go?
The guys at work have already made plans to see if my 2 biggest co-workers will fit.

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will have you know I am not a nerd nor am I a dork. I also don't get that impression of many of the people in this forum. I may not agree with some of them but I enjoy the individuality represented here. We are going to take the world by storm with our Elios! "Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait". LOL :) Z
I'm an expert. An ex is a has been and a spurt is a drip under pressure.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is talk of thinking that the distance of the oncoming car looking further away because the headlights appear to be closer, but I guess we will just have to wait and see what it's like. Personally I don't see the issue (excuse the pun) but if people don't have good depth perception they shouldn't be able to get a license.

guess you haven't been to south florida, the land of the living dead!! License is renewal on line, without testing until you reach 90, and then just an eye test is necessary, the only other ways to get 'em off the road is if the "kids" come down and take the keys away. Or the police can, after an accident.!!

It's not just depth perception, it's speeds over 35, and here where the main streets are on a one mile grid, as the oldsters approach an intersection with the green light, they slow down with the anticipation of it turning red. Most of these skills are learned at "The Mr. McGoo Driving Academy" Armed with their cataract sunglasses, and only to get to "early bird specials", will they venture out after dark!! The other governing rule- if you put the car in reverse you have the right -of- way- Which leads to sum really funny accidents when 2 crash backwards into each other backing out of a spaces

Truett Collins

Elio Addict
Reaction score
guess you haven't been to south florida, the land of the living dead!! License is renewal on line, without testing until you reach 90, and then just an eye test is necessary, the only other ways to get 'em off the road is if the "kids" come down and take the keys away. Or the police can, after an accident.!!

It's not just depth perception, it's speeds over 35, and here where the main streets are on a one mile grid, as the oldsters approach an intersection with the green light, they slow down with the anticipation of it turning red. Most of these skills are learned at "The Mr. McGoo Driving Academy" Armed with their cataract sunglasses, and only to get to "early bird specials", will they venture out after dark!! The other governing rule- if you put the car in reverse you have the right -of- way- Which leads to sum really funny accidents when 2 crash backwards into each other backing out of a spaces
I note that with your rant against older people, you don't even list your age......why?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I note that with your rant against older people, you don't even list your age......why?

funny you should ask!!!- 72 rode bikes for 50 of them, came in first (in my age group)in a 5k road race, and when I should mention "the Grateful Dead"- they think I'm talking about their ex's.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
funny you should ask!!!- 72 rode bikes for 50 of them, came in first (in my age group)in a 5k road race, and when I should mention "the Grateful Dead"- they think I'm talking about their ex's.
The 5k win...........was that walking, running, or some part of your 50 years of biking experience?

The Grateful Dead! A good ole days Rock & Roll flashback! Jerry Garcia, lead guitar, has a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor (Cherry Garcia) named in his honor...........the ultimate honor indeed. Perhaps Paul Elio will reach that status one day...........Ben & Jerry's VanElio. Simple vanilla with your choice of Creamsicle, Licorice, Sour Apple, Marshmallow, or Red Hot swirls. It's early and one thought lead to another during my first cup of coffee. Makes no sense at all.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Grateful Dead! A good ole days Rock & Roll flashback! Jerry Garcia, lead guitar, has a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor (Cherry Garcia) named in his honor...........the ultimate honor indeed.

Jerry Garcia also has a "signature" line of watercolor neckties. Successful enough that "wally world" has some suspiciously similar looking ties now.
Hmmm, I wonder how long before they try and market an Elio clone?

Top Bottom