• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Lighting (head, Tail, Brake, Signal, Fog, Auxiliary, Blinking,etc...)

Would you choose optional lighting on your Elio? (choose all that apply)

• Yes, I want a "third" or higher brake light.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, I want marker lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes, I want signal lights on the front wheels.

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Yes, I want headlights, fog lights or similar on the front wheels.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No, I do not want any additional lighting.

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio has stated that he intends to pursue the European market in time. Seems to me it would make best economic sense to think about the design requirements well in advance.

I'll be very interested to see what Halloween brings. I hope it's not a nightmare ;)
As I recall your concern was headlight spacing. Can you license a Plymouth Prowler in the UK? It seems the headlights are spaced similar to the Elio's.
image.jpg

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I recall your concern was headlight spacing. Can you license a Plymouth Prowler in the UK? It seems the headlights are spaced similar to the Elio's.
View attachment 3202

I really don't know..and I wouldn't want one, either. It does look like it possibly doesn't comply in that form.

Strangely enough, since working carefully to get my own car through the SVA test for amateur built cars I often spotted mass produced cars that were made after that date that wouldn't have got through the same test.

Update: I've just checked the UK's used car website "Autotrader", There are two Prowlers for sale on there, both look like they have the USA style lighting. However, I also note that one is from 1999 and the other from 2000. Both pre-date the SVA regulations and may not have been required to go through that test procedure because it wasn't then in existence.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Elio does not have a sidecar or other attachment so, there is no need for these extra lights.
That may not be a requirement for the Elio in those St
I really don't know..and I wouldn't want one, either. It does look like it possibly doesn't comply in that form.

Strangely enough, since working carefully to get my own car through the SVA test for amateur built cars I often spotted mass produced cars that were made after that date that wouldn't have got through the same test.

Update: I've just checked the UK's used car website "Autotrader", There are two Prowlers for sale on there, both look like they have the USA style lighting. However, I also note that one is from 1999 and the other from 2000. Both pre-date the SVA regulations and may not have been required to go through that test procedure because it wasn't then in existence.
I'm hoping it turns out the Elio does in fact meet your SVA regs.

Top Bottom