• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Adds World-renowned Roush As Lead Engineering Partner

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shouldn't the "oven door" be on the passenger side and not the driver's side? Otherwise it is a safety hazard for the driver to be standing in traffic to open the oven door, search for the correct pizza, and remove it. I would have thought this should be obvious.

And this company is helping design the Elio vehicle?
Why not the driver's side? The driver has to exit that side anyway.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few days ago I noticed Altair was no longer listed as one of their suppliers. Either their work is done, or they got tired of us calling them and asked that their name not be posted by EM.

I suspect their work is done which is all computer simulation, and now it is time for the actual physical testing to be done which will be performed by Roush.

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
HOLY COW!
This just landed in my email inbox. Momentum v44 is saying that Elio has just signed Roush Engineering as an engineering partner. It's not on Elio's website yet, so here's a copy & paste.

==================================================================================

Major League Baseball teams are at spring training throughout Elio Motors’ home base of Arizona this month. As each team goes through its workouts, championship dreams abound.

For some teams, those hopes are bolstered by an off-season signing of a big-name free agent. Sometimes getting that last arm in the bullpen or another power hitter in the lineup can put a team over the top.

Earlier today, Elio Motors made a big free-agent signing of its own, adding Roush as the lead engineering partner. Paul Elio compared it to a baseball team signing a superstar free agent to get them one step closer to a championship.

“Roush is an iconic name in the auto industry with a proven track record of success,” Elio said. “We’ve already assembled a great team of suppliers, but adding Roush’s leadership and expertise is like adding that one all-star pitcher to the starting rotation. It makes us even stronger over the long haul.”

Roush is a global leader in vehicle customization and has a great track record of success in the world of auto racing, having won 31 championships and more than 400 races in drag racing, sports car and stock car racing. With seven championships in NASCAR’s top three divisions, Jack Roush’s Roush Fenway Racing team has established itself as a superstar in the sport. It also has a division that excels in designing and calibrating vehicle chassis for world-class street vehicles.

Roush, which has worked with nearly every major automaker in the world, will help streamline Elio Motors’ vehicle-development process by providing engineering, testing, prototyping and assembly support under one roof. Detroit is still the global capital of the auto industry and Roush sits at its epicenter. The company has a vast array of talent and expertise that will help provide a quieter, smoother vehicle with refined driving characteristics, with the ultimate goal of ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction in commercial production.

performance-parts-mustang2.jpg

Although Roush isn’t going to turn the Elio into a fire-breathing, corner-like-it’s-on-rails supercar, we’re confident that the company will provide the experience in leadership and the expertise in development needed to infuse world-class component quality into the chassis system.

The Roush addition continues a successful run of accomplishments for Elio Motors as it gathers momentum moving toward final production.

Here’s a sampling of recent good news:

• In November 2015, the company introduced the P5, its fifth generation prototype, featuring a 0.9 liter, 3-cylinder engine designed by IAV specifically for Elio Motors.
  • On Jan. 12, Elio Motors announced it will begin building is E-Series of prototype vehicles for testing and engineering purposes.
  • On Jan. 20, the company launched its first national advertising campaign to help create additional awareness and generate more vehicle reservations.
  • On Feb. 12, Elio Motors reached 50,000 reservations for a place in line to buy the vehicle.
  • On Feb. 19, Elio Motors became the first organization to raise capital using Regulation A+ and then have its shares publicly traded on the OTCQX Best Market (OTCQX:ELIO).
If this was baseball, that’s the equivalent of a successful home stand with sweeps of the Yankees and the Red Sox. Adding Roush to the team will most definitely keep things rolling!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was quite impressed when I read about this earlier today. Rousch picks their projects carefully to protect their brand so this partnership really adds a lot of experience as well as credibility to Elio Motors.
That's what I'm thinking too. That's definitely a BIG NAME in automotive industry and yes it should give the naysayers a dose of reality that EM is dead serious about getting this project to production. I'm hoping that they are lending not only their expertise but also infusion of needed money...what I can safely assume at this point is that Rousch see something SPECIAL about the ELIO that is worth undertaking. Exciting times ahead folks!;)

Top Bottom