• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Adds World-renowned Roush As Lead Engineering Partner

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Roush has done a lot of prototyping and low number manufacturing. The drivetrain is being handled by IAV. Roush will most likely be involved mostly in making the Elio handle better, feel better with improved driving dynamics and tune the suspension and body to make it quieter and smoother.
I agree, IAV has the motor part dialed in, the other major parts are suspension and aero, and if I remember, Roush happens to have a few wind tunnels and 8 post simulators that they use on the NASCARS and Le Mans cars.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roush has done a lot of prototyping and low number manufacturing. The drivetrain is being handled by IAV. Roush will most likely be involved mostly in making the Elio handle better, feel better with improved driving dynamics and tune the suspension and body to make it quieter and smoother.
They MIGHT be involved with the low number manufacturing of the E series as well since they have the experience. A 25 car manufacture seems right up their alley.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of wind tunnels; would anyone like to know my poor mans remedy to wind testing yours when if finally arrives. This is the aerodynamic tests the man powered flight pioneers used?

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I agree, IAV has the motor part dialed in, the other major parts are suspension and aero, and if I remember, Roush happens to have a few wind tunnels and 8 post simulators that they use on the NASCARS and Le Mans cars.

Hi Coss,

What's a post simulator? I googled it and had no luck, it references horse racing.

Top Bottom