• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Adds World-renowned Roush As Lead Engineering Partner

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, there is another aspect to this for Roush. A strategic one. How many automotive engineering companies into suspension and handling can say they have experience with Autocycles? In the next few years there could be a lot of contracts for that. Elio win or lose, Roush could use that on their resume.
It does say however that Roush expects engineering success out of Elio Motors at minimum.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You know, there is another aspect to this for Roush. A strategic one. How many automotive engineering companies into suspension and handling can say they have experience with Autocycles? In the next few years there could be a lot of contracts for that. Elio win or lose, Roush could use that on their resume.
It does say however that Roush expects engineering success out of Elio Motors at minimum.
This move exposes EM to a whole new range of gearheads who'd love nothing more than throwing their creativity and money at a low cost American pedigree vehicle virtually anyone can afford.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Sorry, not a POST simulator a POST SHAKER

Awesome machines; you can turn them up high enough that it would tear a car apart.

Got it! Ok, as I'm reading the wiki, I had an "ah HA" moment. I've seen one I'm sure on a commercial or on youtube. Perhaps the 4 post version.

And again, we are just assuming Roush would implement such a thing, we don't know for sure, but here's the wiki on the 4 post shaker: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4-poster

A "duh" moment for me: they would be using... a um... 3-post shaker.... *cough*

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
...It does say however that Roush expects engineering success out of Elio Motors at minimum.

I agree! We can be sure that ROUSH has NOT rushed in to this partnership without a thorough investigation of EM. They certainly wouldn't want to "tarnish their reputation" on an alliance with a "highrisk or failing" company. :cool:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
While I am usually optimistic, this semi-flurry of activity and announcements is starting to make me twitch. Can I borrow someone's suspended animation machine for about 10 months? Mine is on the fritz.

I suspect that the current flurry of activity has been caused due to releases having to work their way through the lawyers

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On refection I find this interesting: "Roush is a global leader in vehicle customization and has a great tracRoush is a global leader in vehicle customization and has a great track..."
Except for shocks and springs, the Elio suspension is fairly locked down. But for racing and other customization the field is wide open, to include everything suspension oriented as well as aerodynamic and style wise.

Top Bottom