• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Adds World-renowned Roush As Lead Engineering Partner

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Like, being a "car"? Pace Autocycle!
Little more than that.
Here's some of the basics:
Starting in the mid-1950s, the auto manufacturer who provided the official pace car started selling replica pace cars to the general public. In many cases, the official on-track pace car was modified from its street-legal counterpart. Strobe lights, rolls bars, multi-point harnesses, and removing the air conditioning, are among some of the modifications made for the actual pace car. Some official pace cars, however, have undergone extensive modifications, including suspension, transmission, or even engine modifications from their production counterpart (the 1990 Chevrolet Beretta is an example of this). The special edition production replicas available to the public usually come with full paint and "Indy 500" decals, and may be part of a performance package upgrade.
1991 Dodge Stealth "Official Car"
In addition, the track typically is provided with dozens of lower-end pace car production replicas (or different makes by the same manufacturer) for use as festival cars throughout the month. Examples of this practice date back to the mid-1920s. The company who provides the pace car also often provides safety trucks for use at the track. For instance, in 1994, the
Ford Mustang Cobra was chosen as the primary pace car. Ford Motor Company provided numerous Mustang GTs (a "stripped-down" model) for festival use. In 1996, the Dodge Viper GTS was chosen as the pace car. Rather than providing a fleet of Vipers, Chrysler provided numerous Stratus, Intrepids, and Special Edition Rams for festival use.

Here's the whole story:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indianapolis_500_pace_cars

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great what Paul Elio release in Momentum v44
about adding Roush as the lead engineering partner. Elio referred Roush as a global leader in vehicle customization and a track record in the world of auto racing." Plus a Roush division that excels in designing and calibrating vehicle chassis for world-class street vehicles. Roush, which has worked with nearly every major automaker in the world, will help streamline Elio Motors' vehicle-development process by providing engineering, testing, prototyping and assembly support under one roof." Roush has a vast array of talent and expertise that will help provide a quieter, smoother vehicle with refined driving characteristics, with the ultimate goal of ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction in commercial production. Elio also mentioned" Roush will provide the experience in leadership and the expertise in development needed to infuse world-class component quality into the chassis system."
A grand thank you to Paul Elio and Elio Motors.!:D
I am all in and happily awaiting for my Elio autocycle :D

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I searched google for "roush", I kept coming up with their racing and performance divisions. I finally found the general home address which talked about things applicable to street vehicles.

https://www.roush.com/
At Roush, our unique advantage is the breath of services that we provide our customers. This gives us the ability to provide tremendous value by offering enterprise-wide solutions in engineering, testing and development, prototyping and manufacturing

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When I searched google for "roush", I kept coming up with their racing and performance divisions. I finally found the general home address which talked about things applicable to street vehicles.

https://www.roush.com/

I was not aware that they did the Domino's Pizza delivery vehicles. I see people here want to utilize the Elio for the same purpose, so there is that. They already have the experience in converting.

http://www.roush.com/what-we-do/case-studies/dominos-vehicle/

I believe, at least initially, that the complete testing of the Elio is what Roush will be utilized for. Good quality stuff coming soon!

Top Bottom