• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Adds World-renowned Roush As Lead Engineering Partner

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Roush partnership announcement perked me up a little too! The Q4 2016 delay and 100 preproduction Elio's announcement................not so much. Seeing 25 E builds and testing results would provide me with some serious perk, which has to happen before the start of the 100 preproduction Elio's. There has to be a critical production milestone met to insure additional funding goals are met. Go Rousch! Go Elio!

Last edited:

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if Roush will be giving input on the "E's" that are, allegedly, already being built, or if they'll be waiting until the 25 "E's" are completed and give input based on those.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope Roush insures the vehicle can easily and economically be converted to diagonal coil-over shocks. Or, design the vehicle so diagonal coil-over shocks can be easily added to the vehicle (2 shocks per wheel) to give that sporty look and stiffer feel.

Come-on Roush! If you care enough about non car enthusiast getting their pizza hot, you can care about us car enthusiast being able to upgrade our elios!

ncarter124

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So funny, I've been shopping for an RS3 and then I read about this. It's a small world after all.
like somebody else said, Roush will protect their brand so this adds a lot of credibility and hope for the entire project.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Doess Rouch have a Michigan based low number production facility? If they do, it would make sense that they were chosen to produce the E-cars and perhaps ventured into the tweaking of the handling and driving as an economy of scale contribution. But what do I know?

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could a Roush racing Elio be far behind? :D

Elio Motors Adds World-Renowned Roush as Lead Engineering Partner on Blue-Chip Auto Supplier TeamRoush's auto racing, performance expertise expected to add refined driving experience to vehicle's efficient, low-price value proposition

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...n-blue-chip-auto-supplier-team-300233437.html
Ever since Roush was named Lead Engineering Partner, I have been seeing posting saying Roush did this and that. I'm thinking, really? so I asked EM. Here is a copy of EM's reply.

Hello Johnny,
Rousch is doing an incredible job with us here! No complaints.

Thanks,
Elio Team

373f18f1caf?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png

jwacree

Aug 24, 11:29 EDT

I'm asking for the benefit of the members of Elio Owners forum.
Ever since Rousch was named as an Elio partner they have been given credit / blame for every thing that has happened since then. I just want them to revive credit / blame if they are due credit / blame.
Thank you

I still don't know exactly what Roush has / is / will do, but they are doing an incredible job, and that's good enough for me.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ever since Roush was named Lead Engineering Partner, I have been seeing posting saying Roush did this and that. I'm thinking, really? so I asked EM. Here is a copy of EM's reply.

Hello Johnny,
Rousch is doing an incredible job with us here! No complaints.

Thanks,
Elio Team

373f18f1caf?size=40&default=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.zendesk.com%2Fimages%2F2016%2Fdefault-avatar-80.png

jwacree

Aug 24, 11:29 EDT

I'm asking for the benefit of the members of Elio Owners forum.
Ever since Rousch was named as an Elio partner they have been given credit / blame for every thing that has happened since then. I just want them to revive credit / blame if they are due credit / blame.
Thank you

I still don't know exactly what Roush has / is / will do, but they are doing an incredible job, and that's good enough for me.
Thanks for posting the returned letter.

Top Bottom