• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Adds World-renowned Roush As Lead Engineering Partner

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shouldn't the "oven door" be on the passenger side and not the driver's side? Otherwise it is a safety hazard for the driver to be standing in traffic to open the oven door, search for the correct pizza, and remove it. I would have thought this should be obvious.

And this company is helping design the Elio vehicle?

Don't worry, there are plenty more pizza delivery guys out there....:crazy:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking too. That's definitely a BIG NAME in automotive industry and yes it should give the naysayers a dose of reality that EM is dead serious about getting this project to production. I'm hoping that they are lending not only their expertise but also infusion of needed money...what I can safely assume at this point is that Rousch see something SPECIAL about the ELIO that is worth undertaking. Exciting times ahead folks!;)
Us "folks" knows a good thing when we sees it.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect the unique and creative design of the Elio attracts the best of companies and the best people within those companies. It is beyond just doing business. A lot of companies and people want to work on the Elio.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Us "folks" knows a good thing when we sees it.
Keyword "PARTNER". There's definitely something in the works there w/ Roush!:D If they are willing to take the risk and stake their reputation to a start up like the EM, then they see PROFIT to be made down the road. PE is definitely feeling the squeeze and maybe conceding some control just to see his project realized. Then again, what do I know? :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roush is the kind of company that will see immediate profit with hopes of seeing continued profit down the road. No risk on their part. They will no doubt get a share of business generated from the recent Reg A+ Funding. It is good to see a partner of Roush's caliber involved at this critical point in the production process.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do we know, exactly, what Roush is going to be bringing to the table? I was under the impression that most of the design - the thing I'm hearing Roush will provide - has already been completed.
I love that Roush is on board, I'm just concerned that this implies that the design is not as finalized as we thought.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do we know, exactly, what Roush is going to be bringing to the table? I was under the impression that most of the design - the thing I'm hearing Roush will provide - has already been completed.
I love that Roush is on board, I'm just concerned that this implies that the design is not as finalized as we thought.

Hopefully we will find out more down the road, but it could be design related to the powertrain. ECU mapping, intake/exhaust design, etc. Also suspension changes?

The article also mentioned bringing their expertise with manufacturing and assembly. I wonder if Roush is handling the E series now?

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully we will find out more down the road, but it could be design related to the powertrain? Say ECU mapping, intake/exhaust design. Also suspension changes?

They also mentioned bringing their expertise with manufacturing and assembly. I wonder if Roush is handling the E series now?
Roush has done a lot of prototyping and low number manufacturing. The drivetrain is being handled by IAV. Roush will most likely be involved mostly in making the Elio handle better, feel better with improved driving dynamics and tune the suspension and body to make it quieter and smoother.

Top Bottom