• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Complaints, Face Book

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
To Nstg8r... well-said! Couldn't agree more.

"Right or wrong...Elio Motors decided years ago to use Facebook as a marketing tool...
Is there a business that doesn't? The dog groomer in my dinky town advertises her business on FB.

Some of the negativity has been a direct result of Elio's missed production date estimates...

Most of the remarks I read the one time I went there were just unsubstantiated rantings of miserable people that were too lazy, or stupid, or both, to fact check their claims or listen to reason, then repeat their 'claims' ad naseum.

Elio must still believe that Facebook offer's a benefit to their marketing program... otherwise they would have closed the Elio Motors Facebook page...

Yep! Got that right. But can you imagine what the 'haters' would say about EM closing the page?

The negativity will subside when & if Elio is able to produce and validate a fleet of prototypes...

Not likely. They'll find some ridiculous nit-picking minutia to cry about. It's in their nature.

Within 6 months we'll know the future of the Elio story...

Can't argue with that!"

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like social media just fine. It's Fraudbook in particular that I don't like.

The avowed purpose of Facebook is to extract as much personally-identifiable information out of you as possible (thus "real names") and sell it to the highest bidder. Elio Owners does not have that purpose.

Remember, Mark Zuckerberg, founder and CEO, said of you: "They trust me. Dumb F%cks."
I think I'll live just as long WITHOUT Facebook.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the most annoying things about the haters on FB is not the concern about the target dates slipping, which by itself is not unreasonable. Rather, it's the asinine repetition of the concern. There are dozens of threads where an apparent hater will rant about this date slipping and asks EM when they plan to start production. Elio then typically responds with late Q4 2016. Then the very next poster literally asks the same damn question, and then the next poster does the same thing, and it repeats ad nauseum. And they all expect EM to respond, and when EM doesn't respond (not an unreasonable thing) with the same answer over and over again, the trolls then collectively accuse EM of being a scam artist, etc. You've all seen it.

Makes me want to throttle some of the haters and yell, "Is it really that difficult for you to read the response one or two responses above your question? It's right there!"

"Are we there yet? No. Now shut up and let me drive; I'll let you know when we get there!"

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the most annoying things about the haters on FB is not the concern about the target dates slipping, which by itself is not unreasonable. Rather, it's the asinine repetition of the concern. There are dozens of threads where an apparent hater will rant about this date slipping and asks EM when they plan to start production. Elio then typically responds with late Q4 2016. Then the very next poster literally asks the same damn question, and then the next poster does the same thing, and it repeats ad nauseum. And they all expect EM to respond, and when EM doesn't respond (not an unreasonable thing) with the same answer over and over again, the trolls then collectively accuse EM of being a scam artist, etc. You've all seen it.

Makes me want to throttle some of the haters and yell, "Is it really that difficult for you to read the response one or two responses above your question? It's right there!"

"Are we there yet? No. Now shut up and let me drive; I'll let you know when we get there!"
So when does the Elio come out?

sorry could not help it...

Top Bottom