• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Engine Unveiling 2/6/2015 -3/6/2015

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that it is considered confidential as EM has actually never told us about any meetings with the DOE. The only reason we know about some of them is that several times indirect information has come out later on pointing to DOE meetings.
But weighing bad PR (like this delay) against a confidential meeting (that would get ALL of us pumped) just seems like a bad trade-off. It's lose-lose. Whereas if this were the case, the win of knowing about a meeting would FAR overshadow the lose of the engine start delay.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
But weighing bad PR (like this delay) against a confidential meeting (that would get ALL of us pumped) just seems like a bad trade-off. It's lose-lose. Whereas if this were the case, the win of knowing about a meeting would FAR overshadow the lose of the engine start delay.

Welcome to life, sometimes circumstances can leave us stuck between a rock and hard place. :(

If it is a DOE meeting the biggest problem for EM is that they likely do not have a choice in keeping DOE meetings confidential as I know from first hand experience that many government meetings are to be kept confidential at least until after the meeting has occurred.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it is a DOE meeting the biggest problem for EM is that they likely do not have a choice in keeping DOE meetings confidential as I know from first hand experience that many government meetings are to be kept confidential at least until after the meeting has occurred.
Since I'm close to DC, maybe I should take tomorrow off and stake out the DOE and see if I recognize anyone coming into the building! Although, DC police tend to frown on that sort of activity...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I'm close to DC, maybe I should take tomorrow off and stake out the DOE and see if I recognize anyone coming into the building! Although, DC police tend to frown on that sort of activity...

Just make sure you leave the backpack at home if plan on staking out a federal building. :D

But seriously there are other things that could have caused this rescheduling such as a death in the family of someone of importance to EM. That would be another unexpected event which would qualify as an "immovable scheduling conflict".

toxotes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been around the block a few times

Running into a long lost old friend at the grocery store the conversation ALWAYS ends with, “We will have to go to lunch one of these days”. Knowing damn well “one of these days” is a vague open ended, never to be honored point of time. Two aisles later you see your sister in law and the conversation ends with “come over for burgers on Saturday”, “sorry”, Sis in law says, “How about Friday?”. “We have a wedding to go to on Saturday”, “OK, see you Friday”, you reply. A finite point of time is to be honored.

I understand "immovable scheduling conflicts" but when another date is not offered, I’m left to believe.......

Last edited:
Top Bottom