• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Shreveport Operations (extended Cut)

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is truly amazing how GM just walked away from their Shreveport plant. Tools scattered around, expensive equipment everywhere and what appears to be a few half finished vehicles hiding in the shadows.
Ya gotta love big business, hundreds of lost jobs, millions in lost capital, but you can bet there were fat bonuses for the corporate knuckleheads who thought Hummers were going to be the next big thing. :cool:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is truly amazing how GM just walked away from their Shreveport plant. Tools scattered around, expensive equipment everywhere and what appears to be a few half finished vehicles hiding in the shadows.
Ya gotta love big business, hundreds of lost jobs, millions in lost capital, but you can bet there were fat bonuses for the corporate knuckleheads who thought Hummers were going to be the next big thing. :cool:
GM didn't have a choice at that point. They were required to leave everything intact and in place as part of the bankruptcy process. I suppose it was a good thing we tax payers bailed them out. Too bad they screwed us with the pensions.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the Fleet 100 will be used to train the crew leaders at the various stations prior to the bulk of the hiring at the factory? That would be about 1/6th of the normal workforce slated to be 1500 or 750 per shift for about 125 early hires. If this is the case, then tooling will begin shortly and the early hires would commence at or slightly before the E series is completed. Modifications which might be required based on testing could be handled simultaneously with training.

But I could be wishcasting more than forecasting.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Something I caught during the long version of that video; Metal Body.
I thought they said they were going to evaluate the possibility of using a metal body vs. the composite panels.
It appears to be a done deal if the video holds true.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seen at 5:46 in the shorter vid. Three wheel mock-up for testing parts of the line?

babyelio.png

Obviously just a rough facsimile, but I suspect they just wanted something they could push around that would approximate a three-wheeled vehicle so could see where it would fall through/off the line.

Last edited:
Top Bottom