• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Shreveport Operations (extended Cut)

saltydog72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
That's a new one; Coos. Usually people do Cross until they've been corrected a few times. ;)

What email address did you use to contact EM?
If you did it through the EM page, and clicked "contact Support" they're usually pretty good about answering.
A couple of other address to use are:

Emails:
tellmemore@eliomotors.com
orders@eliomotors.com
support@eliomotors.zendesk.com
https://reservations.eliomotors.com/customer/account/

Tellmemore works well, or use the support@ address here for a more direct address.
Oops sorry about that Coss,I tried to text again I may not have been logged in.was from the website would thought they would reply to that.we will see what happens now.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess the pic I posted of the convex mirror is not very good. The ones on our cars are larger that the one in the pic and they give a much wider view of what's around you.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the pic I posted of the convex mirror is not very good. The ones on our cars are larger that the one in the pic and they give a much wider view of what's around you.
The one in the picture is a small stick-on aftermarket mirror; probably 1 1/2" in diameter.

saltydog72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Oops sorry about that Coss,I tried to text again I may not have been logged in.was from the website would thought they would reply to that.we will see what happens now.
Heated mirrors will not be a standard feature in the Elio, but it may be offered as an option in the future! We will provide more information as we get closer to the start of production. Please stay tuned for more details!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Heated mirrors will not be a standard feature in the Elio, but it may be offered as an option in the future! We will provide more information as we get closer to the start of production. Please stay tuned for more details!
3rd time is the charm huh? :becky:

When they first put the Configurator up they said they would be changing it a number of times to reflect options they have decided to offer as options, and take off the options that have shown little or no interest. So far they've changed it 3 times, but haven't changed it recently; with everything going on with the E-series builds they've been a little busy.
But no doubt, there are going to be a number of options that they don't have on there yet.

saltydog72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
3rd time is the charm huh? :becky:

When they first put the Configurator up they said they would be changing it a number of times to reflect options they have decided to offer as options, and take off the options that have shown little or no interest. So far they've changed it 3 times, but haven't changed it recently; with everything going on with the E-series builds they've been a little busy.
But no doubt, there are going to be a number of options that they don't have on there yet.
:rolleyes: yeah :boink:

paddy's wagon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Considering the amount of space envisioned to produce the Elio the $6.8K price tag doesn't seem realistic.
They seem to use as much space as the old S-10 and S-15. The old production lines had to accommodate multidoor bodies/chassis, multi engine options and interiors and so on and on. The bill for using this plant like the video depicts will be astronomical, IMHO.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Considering the amount of space envisioned to produce the Elio the $6.8K price tag doesn't seem realistic.
They seem to use as much space as the old S-10 and S-15. The old production lines had to accommodate multidoor bodies/chassis, multi engine options and interiors and so on and on. The bill for using this plant like the video depicts will be astronomical, IMHO.

They're only using a small portion of the facilities and renting/leasing out the rest. The total sq. footage needed escapes me now, but that info is somewhere on the forum for sure.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They're only using a small portion of the facilities and renting/leasing out the rest. The total sq. footage needed escapes me now, but that info is somewhere on the forum for sure.

"The bill for using this plant like the video depicts will be astronomical, IMHO."

The magnitude of this project is beyond my comprehension. I am always amazed at the logistics of building 200,000 cars. WE had logistical problems building 25 units in 9 weeks. I just can't make that quantum leap. Just build me one car. I will be happy and not worry myself about the other 199,999.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I understand, at least some suppliers will have installations at the Shreveport plant in order to supply EM. I don't know to what extent this is. I wonder if this is included in EM stated floor space.

Top Bottom