• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Slated To Begin Production In 2015

Edward43

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am anxious to see three years down the road, when all the reservation holders and all the "lookie Loues" have their E-cars and the used car market starts to see these things come onboard. There are a lot of people who won't own a car over 3 years old, or with over a hundred thousand miles on the odometer. I plan on owning mine until I die, just like the rest of my cars, but I am curious what a three year old E-car with under 100,00 miles will be worth on the used car market when you can buy a brand new one for under $7,00.00. I guess a lot will have to do with what gas prices are three years down the road, and of course none of us have any control over that.
I hope this is'nt costing you sleep? Just sayin..

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You do realize a 1960 something VW Beetle sold brand new for around $1,200, and today you would be lucky to find a nice clean, running, 1960 something Beetle for under $12,000.

absolutely but that's much different than the question asked about the value of a year old Elio .... I suspect 50 some years from now folks with a first year, nice clean, running Elio would find its value has gone up considerably from its original price

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember going to a local Chevrolet dealer with my parents and watching my parents purchase a new 1972 Chevy Cheyenne with a shell and other nice things in that year, I recall for $3200 out the door. I think gas was $0.49 - $0.53 per gallon also. I could buy a large bubble gum for a penny. A huge one for a nickel. And for a dollar I had a sack of candy. I miss those days...

If the $6,800 Elio becomes a collector's car it may be worth a lot later. I don't know if in the year 2068 I'll be alive to collect the $68,000 for my initial production classic Elio custom reverse trike. Dang! I guess my kids will have to if they don't wreck it or sell it for a new fan-dangled flying car!

Top Bottom