• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Slated To Begin Production In 2015

Silverbullet

Elio Fan
Reaction score
If I were Paul, I think I would remind the Parrish that a portion of the delay was caused by one of their own commissioners who filed a lawsuit trying to block Elio from acquiring the plant.

In looking back I be live that was a smoke screen set up buy EM if you remember the whole debacle lasted only a couple months & yet created another 6 month delay. Only to find out further down the trail EM didn't have the money or the engine to be on track anyway.

I've been following EM for 2 years now. I've lost the excitement I once had for this project. The delays, lack of progress reports. Blog re runs. it seems this project has stalled. Maybe the folks that have questioning this are not so wrong after all.

I'm excited for this Jan 15th meeting in Shreveport maybe we will finally get some definate progress on when this project is gonna start moving forward. The 12 & 18 month deadline have long past. I'm sure folks down there are concerned about the jobs they were promised.

Its 2015 & Elio motors are in the 4th quarter of their game. its 4th down & long.......12 yards/months to the first down/first Elio to roll off the assembly line. Can they make the first down marker or will they have to punt?

Last edited:

Mrtoycrazy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully we will get some insight on the production start date after the Jan.15th meeting. As stated though we will have the final answer by the first of next year when the 36 month dead line is reached. I'm optimistic ,I see no winner otherwise.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't mean to be confrontational with anybody in particular...........:rolleyes: ........just saying. ;)
So, hear me out before warming the tar and chasing the chickens.

NOW
....................drum roll.......................
If I were in the big chair at EM, I might take a rather dim view of the sometimes unreasonable, demands for
information that, quite frankly is nobody's business, outside the board room. We, as a group, are not officially
any part of the decision making trust of Elio Motors and therefore are only entitled to the same news that would
be disseminated anywhere else.

Think about it, this way. Just because we put a deposit down, would Ford or Toyota or the almighty GM deem it
necessary to give us any crumb of information regarding the future plans or inner workings of the corporation
other than exactly what they want us to hear. I don't recall any of them asking me if the ignition switches could
be built in the Chen Yin province or the air bags in Taiwan. Nobody asked me if they could repackage the once
proud emblems on far eastern platforms. No they didn't, no they wouldn't!

This Forum is a wonderful venue to explore ideas on mods to personalize our very own dreams. A great place
to meet new people, make new friends and pick each others experience and knowledge storehouses on a myriad
of topics and levels......... It's just not the place to dissect corporate models and tactics........Let's leave that to the
folks whose pedigrees qualify them to make those decisions. Social media is just social media and regardless
of how smart I think I am, I'm no match for those guys, maybe you are........or not! :rolleyes:

That being said,
I'm as antsy as anyone to hear that my tee shirt and bumper sticker will become much more than flea market
collectors pieces. The fact is, nobody grabbed my hand, or yours, and forced us to sign away our hard earned
coin on a wish and a promise. For goodness sake let's quit the "what if's" and "why didn't's", history is being
written here, enjoy the ride, :Dwe're part of it!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully we will get some insight on the production start date after the Jan.15th meeting. As stated though we will have the final answer by the first of next year when the 36 month dead line is reached. I'm optimistic ,I see no winner otherwise.

There is no hard deadline and the deal is structured so Caddo Parrish, and likely IRG, will be winners even if the EM were to fail.

Caddo Parish is of course interested in how things are going with EM and as such EM is invited to these meetings every six months or so for an update. However the parish does not actually have any direct deals with EM as the plant is leased to IRG. There is a 36 month discount on the lease which is intended to make it easier for EM to get started however as the lease did not go into effect until May 1, 2014 IRG still has another 2.5+ years of greatly discounted lease payment. Even if EM were to fail IRG would still be on the hook for the lease and would simply do what they specialize in which is find tenants to lease parts of or all of the property and thus this will create jobs for the parish anyway.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is no hard deadline and the deal is structured so Caddo Parrish, and likely IRG, will be winners even if the EM were to fail.

Caddo Parish is of course interested in how things are going with EM and as such EM is invited to these meetings every six months or so for an update. However the parish does not actually have any direct deals with EM as the plant is leased to IRG. There is a 36 month discount on the lease which is intended to make it easier for EM to get started however as the lease did not go into effect until May 1, 2014 IRG still has another 2.5+ years of greatly discounted lease payment. Even if EM were to fail IRG would still be on the hook for the lease and would simply do what they specialize in which is find tenants to lease parts of or all of the property and thus this will create jobs for the parish anyway.
What I see, would go a long way for Elio in public relations, is a couple lines in the help wanted ads, to at least start accepting applications or interview potential employees. If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember Paul stating in an interview that hiring would start in the beginning of 2015.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
What I see, would go a long way for Elio in public relations, is a couple lines in the help wanted ads, to at least start accepting applications or interview potential employees. If I'm not mistaken, I think I remember Paul stating in an interview that hiring would start in the beginning of 2015.

He did say that, when the projected timeline would have had that happening, however since then the production timeline changed and as a result so did the hiring timeline.

It would be a waste of time and money to start the hiring process until they are relatively sure of the production timeline and this could actually hurt EM's public relations. It would be a waste because EM would be creating a database of candidates which could be out of date by the time they need to actually have people start working which would cost EM more time and money to sort though. It could also hurt EM's public relations if EM began this process and had to string it out for many months or over a year as people looking for work would not be happy at such a long process at all.

From what we have been told initial hiring will begin about six months out from production with the big push for line workers occurring 2-3 months out. This likely will not change as this is likely the optimum timeline for this hiring to occur however the exact dates of when this will happen will depend on whenever the production date is finally locked down.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
He did say that, when the projected timeline would have had that happening, however since then the production timeline changed and as a result so did the hiring timeline.

It would be a waste of time and money to start the hiring process until they are relatively sure of the production timeline and this could actually hurt EM's public relations. It would be a waste because EM would be creating a database of candidates which could be out of date by the time they need to actually have people start working which would cost EM more time and money to sort though. It could also hurt EM's public relations if EM began this process and had to string it out for many months or over a year as people looking for work would not be happy at such a long process at all.

From what we have been told initial hiring will begin about six months out from production with the big push for line workers occurring 2-3 months out. This likely will not change as this is likely the optimum timeline for this hiring to occur however the exact dates of when this will happen will depend on whenever the production date is finally locked down.

Interesting timeline, which is logical and seems to be a great plan,
so, an additional indicator for us might be when the production ball really starts rolling would be to keep our eyes on the local want ads. I remember we had a fellow who lived close by, and as he sees postings, could keep us updated.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
From what we have been told initial hiring will begin about six months out from production with the big push for line workers occurring 2-3 months out.

the actual start of the hiring process is one thing that EM can't keep quiet, every media outlet in Louisiana will be covering it .... with that being the case and no such news being reported, we know that production will not start in the first half of 2015 (AKA the start of the 3rd quarter) .... further, it would seem logical to believe there is no news of the hiring process by the first of April, production will not start in October (AKA the start of the 4th quarter) .... April ain't that far down the road

Top Bottom