• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Motors Slated To Begin Production In 2015

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
the actual start of the hiring process is one thing that EM can't keep quiet, every media outlet in Louisiana will be covering it .... with that being the case and no such news being reported, we know that production will not start in the first half of 2015 (AKA the start of the 3rd quarter) .... further, it would seem logical to believe there is no news of the hiring process by the first of April, production will not start in October (AKA the start of the 4th quarter) .... April ain't that far down the road

We have also heard, unofficially, that EM would like to attend the New York Auto show which happens in early April and it is interesting that this time frame also happens to be about the time we expect the initial engine testing should be at or near completion. I would say that April does appear to be a very important month if EM is going to make it into production before the end of the third quarter and definitely the second quarter will be important to production before the end of the year.

It does appear that we do not have much time to wait before we should see bigger things happening if the current time line is to work out. I have no idea how interesting or telling the first quarter of the year will be however it does appear that the second quarter will be the key to whether EM makes it into production this year.

The biggest single question I still see hanging over the entire project is funding from the ATVM loan and/or private sources. We hope this loan is approved in the first half of this year but we have no idea of the timing on this decision or if it will indeed be approved. EM has told us they can do this without the loan, which we hope is not necessary, however the question is can they keep the same time frame or would that process cause a delay to the production schedule?

No matter what happens this should prove to be an interesting year for Elio Motors and those of us following along. :)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The biggest single question I still see hanging over the entire project is funding from the ATVM loan and/or private sources. We hope this loan is approved in the first half of this year but we have no idea of the timing on this decision or if it will indeed be approved. EM has told us they can do this without the loan, which we hope is not necessary, however the question is can they keep the same time frame or would that process cause a delay to the production schedule?

agree .... as just noted in the Tech Talk v49 thread, the engine test appears to be nearing completion

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
agree .... as just noted in the Tech Talk v49 thread, the engine test appears to be nearing completion

I did see that and agree that the engine development does appear to be well on track which will be some great news when it comes down.

As I have written before, as long as things continue the way they appear right now, I do not see the vehicle development program being much of an issue anymore. From what I have seen I believe EM really does have everything they need lined up to complete the vehicle development program this year with a shot at having it done in time to enter production before the end of the third quarter.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I did see that and agree that the engine development does appear to be well on track which will be some great news when it comes down.

As I have written before, as long as things continue the way they appear right now, I do not see the vehicle development program being much of an issue anymore. From what I have seen I believe EM really does have everything they need lined up to complete the vehicle development program this year with a shot at having it done in time to enter production before the end of the third quarter.
Now that we got that settled, can we finally get back to which side to put the nonexistent gas cap?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't start with that! :rolleyes::mad::D
oh+thank+you+thats+an+awesome+gif+i+used+it+_4429653af2dae5992632dea81e673f43.jpg

TexasElio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

No matter what happens this should prove to be an interesting year for Elio Motors and those of us following along. :)

Agreed...the funding issue is huge...and has a direct correlation to the development time-frame...

Nicely written!

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am anxious to see three years down the road, when all the reservation holders and all the "lookie Loues" have their E-cars and the used car market starts to see these things come onboard. There are a lot of people who won't own a car over 3 years old, or with over a hundred thousand miles on the odometer. I plan on owning mine until I die, just like the rest of my cars, but I am curious what a three year old E-car with under 100,00 miles will be worth on the used car market when you can buy a brand new one for under $7,00.00. I guess a lot will have to do with what gas prices are three years down the road, and of course none of us have any control over that.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am anxious to see three years down the road, when all the reservation holders and all the "lookie Loues" have their E-cars and the used car market starts to see these things come onboard. There are a lot of people who won't own a car over 3 years old, or with over a hundred thousand miles on the odometer. I plan on owning mine until I die, just like the rest of my cars, but I am curious what a three year old E-car with under 100,00 miles will be worth on the used car market when you can buy a brand new one for under $7,00.00. I guess a lot will have to do with what gas prices are three years down the road, and of course none of us have any control over that.

I'd think that just with any vehicle much will depend on several factors .... as you note, miles, condition, accident/service record, local demand, local availability being among them .... as a general rule it shouldn't be worth anywhere near the price of a new one and who knows what a new Elio will sell for at that time .... bottom line, when one starts out with a low cost vehicle, its value will drop but simply can't drop as much as most much more expensive vehicles

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd think that just with any vehicle much will depend on several factors .... as you note, miles, condition, accident/service record, local demand, local availability being among them .... as a general rule it shouldn't be worth anywhere near the price of a new one and who knows what a new Elio will sell for at that time .... bottom line, when one starts out with a low cost vehicle, its value will drop but simply can't drop as much as most much more expensive vehicles
You do realize a 1960 something VW Beetle sold brand new for around $1,200, and today you would be lucky to find a nice clean, running, 1960 something Beetle for under $12,000.

Top Bottom