• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio P5

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is indeed 30mph and didn't see a single cop during my 2 trips on a Monday. I was told that most speed traps are on weekends.

the speed limit used to be 55 which was a good bit high for most sections .... I used to enjoy running it and don't have any parts hanging from the tree ..;).. one could learn a great deal about the handling of an Elio during a single run :)

Jim

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So true, and the "apparent" nature of he engine and light weight should make for a nice run. Some of those kinks are so tight I have no idea how they get a camper thru there. Been several years but even then you did not want to be there on a weekend. Would be really nice to have a P5 unvailing (or better Production ready) at the store.. Anyone at Elio listening?? I'm maybe thinking 2 sets of wheels/ one for the dragon (play time) and one for 84MPG.....:)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to the dragon and have some extra time make sure to enjoy the Cherohala Skyway as well. The Cherohala is a very fun and scenic 40 mile drive in the mountains which features about 4,500 feet of vertical elevation change between its lowest and highest points.

By the way be careful on the Cherohalo as it's higher speed limits and wide sweeping turns tempt many people into pushing things too far which results in the fact that the Cherohalo actually claims more lives than the dragon. Also with such extreme changes in altitude come extreme changes in weather so sudden rain or very dense fog are very common as this is a mile high road.

101910_800_6-L.jpg

101910_800-L.jpg

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If you go to the dragon and have some extra time make sure to enjoy the Cherohala Skyway as well. The Cherohala is a very fun and scenic 40 mile drive in the mountains which features about 4,500 feet of vertical elevation change between its lowest and highest points.

By the way be careful on the Cherohalo as it's higher speed limits and wide sweeping turns tempt many people into pushing things too far which results in the fact that the Cherohalo actually claims more lives than the dragon. Also with such extreme changes in altitude come extreme changes in weather so sudden rain or very dense fog are very common as this is a mile high road.

the Cherohala Skyway ==> http://www.cherohala.com/ <== is well worth traveling .... during the fall when the leaves are changing color the view can be spectacular .... as has been mentioned in other threads, it would be fun to plan a gathering of Elio owners and spend a few days driving through various roads in that area

Jim

Top Bottom