• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price Discussion, $6800?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And you know this how? This is the first I've heard of this...
It's pretty well known that the automatic transmission is NOT standard, but will be an option for between $700 and $1000, with most opinions saying around $800.
Maybe a search on this site will show some results and may even be able to site sources. I do know that that is what the Elio people at the shows are saying. (not first hand, but 2nd hand from this site from people that have asked the question)

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can't buy a 900-pound, chromed parade bike for $6800. However, there are some pretty useful motorcycles available for less than that:

2014 Honda CB500X: $6300 MSRP
2014 Kawasaki KLR650: $6500 MSRP
and a dozen more...

All this said, I will be surprised if the base price of an Elio is $6800 by the time they are built.

I don't get the comparisons of the Elio to motorcycles...you can't ride a motorcycle in the snow or rain (well, you could, but who the he!! wants to?)

grampi

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's pretty well known that the automatic transmission is NOT standard, but will be an option for between $700 and $1000, with most opinions saying around $800.
Maybe a search on this site will show some results and may even be able to site sources. I do know that that is what the Elio people at the shows are saying. (not first hand, but 2nd hand from this site from people that have asked the question)

That's a pretty hefty price tag (it's almost 1/8th of the total vehicle price)...is the auto actually that much more expensive to make than the manual?

MajorXx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Maybe a search on this site will show some results and may even be able to site sources. I do know that that is what the Elio people at the shows are saying. (not first hand, but 2nd hand from this site from people that have asked the question)[/QUOTE

Pricing the AMT options at other manufacturers show prices just under $1000 for a six speed AMT.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any idea what that thing costs, I saw the word Ferrari in the article. The only parts an Elio and a Ferrari might have in common would be ??? Well they do both get painted, but not with the same paint.

Well its not that expensive its the same part that the Suzuki Celerio has in India. So it must be in an acceptable price range. Its not like it will get the exact same part as a Ferrari 458 Italia and its associated price tag.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a pretty hefty price tag (it's almost 1/8th of the total vehicle price)...is the auto actually that much more expensive to make than the manual?
Since the AMT is the same transmission as the "free" manual transmission with the exception of some actuators, a couple of buttons, and software (and minus a clutch pedal and cable), the AMT shouldn't cost much more than the existing manual transmission. Surely, it won't cost $800 more!

Top Bottom