• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price Discussion, $6800?

Alvin Sugar

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Because of freedom from a mountain of debt, this Elio Ford will be in demand as previous cult vehicles were. Metropolitans, Beetles, and Saab stories.
I set up a corporation for - 'Coot Scoot' elderly and retired drivers, seeking inexpensive suburban transportation. Politicians destroyed it for not having "frivolous" capitalisation available. This probably is the hold-up on availability. China and India are dumping oodles of new car designs that will compete with Fords single offering. And that is facts, not negativity.

Alvin Sugar

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Timing is everything, Ford has to deliver - or lose it. Checkout how difficult it is to get dealer information on the Elio. Salesfolk are panting for the "auto hula hoop." And big money could drop heavy shipments into US.
Wow, excitement!

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking on how that $6800.00 number came about. Not $6900, not $7000 not $6700.

and will they actually be able to deliver a vehicle at $6800?

inflation and delays make this harder and harder as every day passes by.

You cannot buy a new Motorcycle for $6800. so how disappointed would you be if they missed that mark?

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking on how that $6800.00 number came about. Not $6900, not $7000 not $6700.

and will they actually be able to deliver a vehicle at $6800?

inflation and delays make this harder and harder as every day passes by.

You cannot buy a new Motorcycle for $6800. so how disappointed would you be if they missed that mark?
How disappointed will you be if they do?

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am super realistic and do not expect them to hit that mark, but I am also aware that they will end up starting sales on a slight negative note if they miss that bar. I am all in, so all I can do now is wait and see. I always have the choice to walk away if I deemed appropriate.
The last thing they want to do is disappoint it future owners, but where are they going?

Catia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First of all about 80% of the part is already is use on the other auto and therefore it is cheaper then create a new part never been use on auto. Elio can buy such a large number of part to be put on the Elio autocycle. One less wheel and rim, 3 less door with power window and lock can cut cost a lot. Less weight. Elio will build autocycle with all standard come with and only option is transmission and of course you pick one of 7 color. His engineering have come up with bright idea to cut cost and able to stay $6800 without over spend. It take a lot of thought to be able stay in the budget without go over, and so some how they stick to $6800 as a plan.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am super realistic and do not expect them to hit that mark, but I am also aware that they will end up starting sales on a slight negative note if they miss that bar. I am all in, so all I can do now is wait and see. I always have the choice to walk away if I deemed appropriate.
The last thing they want to do is disappoint it future owners, but where are they going?
What specific reasons will prevent them from achieving the $6,800 price tag? Not guesses but hard fact reasons.

jdkeats

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no knowledge that they cannot hit their goal, but it is pretty ambitious goal since no one can deliver a car at twice that price and be profitable. Even Motorcycle manufactures cannot hit that goal with 55HP and they have no a/c, no air bags, no roof, no radio,no reverse. So I understand this is a rather lofty goal and that is part of the reason I signed on.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no knowledge that they cannot hit their goal, but it is pretty ambitious goal since no one can deliver a car at twice that price and be profitable. Even Motorcycle manufactures cannot hit that goal with 55HP and they have no a/c, no air bags, no roof, no radio,no reverse. So I understand this is a rather lofty goal and that is part of the reason I signed on.
So you signed on because you have doubts?o_O

BeerBrewer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I really expect they'll hit that $6,800 target on the initial run of pre-reserved autocycles. It's in their marketing interest to bring the Elio to the public at that low number. They can begin to inch upward in future months. The media value of that low starting price will be incredible and will bring priceless publicity to this remarkable startup.

Top Bottom