• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price Discussion, $6800?

robert109

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every vehicle has a "starting price", then you add options. Elios plans are to offer a standard vehicle with few factory options available. However, before taking delivery you may add many options offered by partner / suppliers that will be installed right there at the Elio "dealership" This of course won't be until all the reserved Elios are delivered to us first.
Most vehicles do have starting prices, but do NOT include things like AC, power brakes, ant lock brakes as standard. This is why I never looked at the $6800 as a starting price. The Elio is a different bird than most cars and car companies, so this is why I first brought up the mention of the term "starting price", it seemed to not really apply to the Elio.
By the way, I am early adopter, not a" look at glass half empty guy", or I would not have the 3 wheeled electric Gizmo for 11 years now. :)

Last edited:

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most vehicles do have statring prices, but do NOT include things like AC, power brakes, ant ilock brakes as standard. This is why I never looked at the $6800 as a starting price. The Elio is a different bird than most cars and car compoanies, so this si why I first brought up the mention of the term "srating price", it kind of did not relly apply to ther Elio.
By the way, I am early adapter, not a" look at glass half empty guy", or I would not have the 3 wheeled electric Gizmo for 11 years now. :)
Is the 109 in your avatar your production number? :-) Z

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the latest email I received "This Stop - Los Angeles!" for the first time (that I have seen), the words to describe the Elio say "The Elio’s affordable starting price of $6,800 ".. Fist time I have seen published the term "starting price"...

You guys are missing the obvious. The location was "Los Angeles, CA". Lot of blonds and "dudes" out thereo_O. Elio didn't want them walking away completely confused.:D

Sorry CA people, didn't mean to harsh your mellow!

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You guys are missing the obvious. The location was "Los Angeles, CA". Lot of blonds and "dudes" out thereo_O. Elio didn't want them walking away completely confused.:D

Sorry CA people, didn't mean to harsh your mellow!
Harsh your mellow? Boy that really shot me back in time! Reminds me of that old Sly Stallone movie, Demolition Man, throwing around phrases like "Enhance your calm, citizen!"

hawg_ryder

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like Snopes says, it is still a good story, LOL. Still, it is fun to joke about having one on your vehicle...

The Snopes article de-bunked the original "Urban legend", and Mythbusters also "busted" it on one of their shows, BUT... Some years back I had read another tale on the web concerning this one that could have been where the original Darwin Award story came from... Wired reprinted the piece, and you can read it here... Enjoy..;)
http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/8.08/rocketcar_pr.html

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In the latest email I received "This Stop - Los Angeles!" for the first time (that I have seen), the words to describe the Elio say "The Elio’s affordable starting price of $6,800 ".. Fist time I have seen published the term "starting price"...
Robert, first welcome to the forum and as you can see were are a highly active group. The base price includes all those things you saw on the ads and on the Elio Motors website. Options include things like automatic transmission, cruise control, upgraded radios, different fenders, leather interior, etc. The generic $6800 base model will have AM-FM radio, AC, power windows and door lock and manual transmission which will meet the needs and budgets of many of those here on the forum and to the general public as well. Hope you enjoy the forum and using the search function will quickly take you to information on nearly every topic. If you can't find an answer just ask and you have already seen you will be flooded with information and opinions. Welcome again and enjoy the Elio experience.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Today looked at our Polaris 500 Sportsman ATV it came to me that maybe Elio's $6800 maybe not as far fetched as it seems.
The Sportsman 500 is a well equipped machine with a few extras tax and all it was 5200 out the door in 2013 no sale no special deal.
Look at at some of these AT's and the stuff they stick on them a price of a little over 6800 may not be such a stretch for Elio once up and running

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
if Elio sales go as projected and, so long as their trike lives up to the hype, I tend to believe they will .... they will be able to volume buy from distributors at the lowest possible rates

Jim

mikeivk

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have a feeling that this car will be mainly (or at least initially) bought by folks who are not looking for the cheapest of the cheap. So may be pricing it as the chepest on US market was a mistake ?

Top Bottom