1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Elio Price For What Transmission?

Discussion in 'Elio Drivetrain' started by gd761, Jun 8, 2016.

Elio Price for What Transmission?

1. I Want an Automatic Transmission.

22.0%
  2. I Need an Automatic Transmission.

22.0%
  3. I Prefer an Automatic Transmission.

22.0%
  4. I Want a Manual Transmission.

31.7%
  5. I Need a Manual Transmission.

11.0%
  6. I Prefer a Manual Transmission.

30.5%
  7. I Don't Care What Transmission it has.

3.7%
  8. I Know How to Drive with a Manual Transmission.

50.0%
  9. I Don't Know How to Drive with a Manual Transmission.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gd761

gd761 Elio Fan

Why is it that Elio is Advertising the $6,800.00 Price of the Elio without letting ANYONE know in Clear Basic Terms that it's for a Manual Transmission?

The difference between Automatic Transmissions and Manual Transmissions in Automobiles today is Just 3.9 percent for Manual which by basic math makes it 94.1 percent for Automatic Transmissions.

Read this. https://www.thezebra.com/insurance-news/2805/manual-vs-automatic/

On myelio.me the Configuator is available to personalize your Elio.

On the section for Transmissions, the Automatic Transmission is $1,050.00 which makes the Elio with Nothing else added a total of $7,850.00 which should have been disclosed in ALL of Elio's Advertisements.

Since the Majority of People ARE going to get an Automatic Transmission, then it should have been said that the Base price is $7,850.00 but could be even less expensive if People choose a Manual Transmission instead.

Which Transmission Are You going to get in Your Elio?

Wouldn't You have Wanted to Know the Price Differences a Long time ago?

For just a few Additions with the Automatic Transmission, the Price that it comes to for Me is a little bit more than $11,000.00 from Elio.

As there's going to be quite a few of us that Want More than what We can get just from Elio, We are going to get Aftermarket Extras which WILL make our Elio even More Expensive. From a little bit more to a LOT MORE Expensive.

But that's going to be our own Choice with Full Knowledge.

But, the Majority of People ARE going to Expect to be getting an Automatic Transmission in the Base Elio for the Advertised Price of $6,800.00 when they go to Purchase their Elio.

Let Paul Elio and the Elio Team Know Your Opinion about the Lack of Basic Clarity in their Advertising of the Price of the Elio.

2. JEBar

JEBar Moderator Staff Member Moderator

having joined the forum over 6 months ago you should be aware that we are separate from Elio Motors .... there are other avenues for a person to take a message to them ... as to a Lack of Basic Clarity in advertising their base price, I see no issue .... they consistently advertise their target price for an Elio equipped with a given set of options/features .... it would seem logical to believe that most people would conclude that if you want you want additional features, that would cost extra .... I'm one of those who will order ours with an AMT and know that if I do so the price will go up

TeamCoconutOreo, Bert, ehwatt and 5 others like this.
  3. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    SIL 18112
    Would you like some cheese with that whine ?? :D

4. CompTrex

CompTrex Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    (sigh)...
    It's an AUTOCYCLE or MOTORCYCLE!
    Automatic transmissions are NOT standard.
    Sheesh...

Bert, ehwatt, KD and 1 other person like this.
  5. KD

KD Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    18,706 - 5 speed manual, rear wing just because it will look fast (Ha Ha), carpet, window tint, back windows that can pop out (think old school VW), upgrade stereo
    I would! The public has obviously been duped after all these years. Who knew? Well, except for most everybody...:becky:

6. Truett Collins

Truett Collins Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    The only ones duped are those who did not take the time to actually read........

Bert, Jeff Miller, ehwatt and 3 others like this.
  7. Sethodine

Sethodine Elio Addict

One of my first questions when I saw Elio advertised was "Does it come in automatic? How much will that cost?" To which the Facebook rep said, "Yes, it will cost about $1000."

I don't remember the nature of the advert that first turned me on to the Elio, but obviously I got the impression pretty quickly that it came with a Manual as standard. I wish I could buy it with a Manual, but unfortunately my wife and I need a car that we can both drive. She is a wonderful and very capable woman, and I think she could pick up a manual pretty quickly, but she doesn't believe that about herself and she gets frustrated at just the thought of learning to drive a stick. So, it's the AMT for us.

8. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    SIL 18112
    Why not 1 each !! :p

pistonboy likes this.
  9. Rickb

Rickb Elio Addict

If you break a leg and/or suddenly have a temporary or permanent disability you will appreciate the AMT in that you will still be able to drive the Elio to your Doc appointments and work.

Jim H, wizard of ahs and Jeff Porter like this.
  10. Jeff Porter

Jeff Porter Elio Addict

Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
    Reservation #:
    I'm not trying to come down hard on you, just responding in a kind way and answering your questions.

Dude, your poll is messed UP. Want is the same as Prefer. :D Just sayin'! Sounds like an old Elvis song..." I want you, I need you, I - I love you...".

For the Configurator, it's in the early stages. Nothing is "for sure" yet. The price of the automatic may go up or down.

For the Lack of Basic Clarity, I'm confused. Can you show examples of where Elio Motors was not clear that the base model comes with a manual tranny? On the website, at https://www.eliomotors.com/features/#details, it says "...Standard 5-speed manual or available automatic transmission"

I'm getting a manual. A long time ago, we all knew there would be a price difference. Two years ago I read an estimated price of $800 - $1000.

That's good to hear that with a few additions your Elio prices out at $11k. That will most certainly change as time marches on. Prices may change, and available options that you want may change.

It sounds like you're shocked that you will pay a lot more for your Elio than the base price of $6800. I'm shocked that you're shocked. And I disagree that folks are thinking they are getting an automatic for $6800.

Hang in there, take a deep breath. If you think Elio isn't being fair, don't buy their vehicle.

Bert, Jeff Miller, ehwatt and 3 others like this.