• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price For What Transmission?

Elio Price for What Transmission?

• I Don't Know How to Drive with a Manual Transmission.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aisin makes those AMT's for a whole bunch of different vehicle manufacturers. Mini Cooper have Aisin transmissions in some model years including our Gerard. Aisin also fits into many of the new VW products such as the New Beetle.

Getrag is another transmission maker, that's the one in my Sunfire. a fantastic 5-speed transmission.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The reason most new cars are sold with automatic is that most manufacturers offer standard transmission only on the "base" car.
If they did, I would always go with std. But once you move up to a higher trim line or larger engine, the std is no longer an option.

I try to avoid STD's. Always use protection.

hmmm...on second thought perhaps I should have used the letters AT or A/T so as not to be confused with MMT. MT, M/t or M I C K E Y

M O U S EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

(I can't help myself)

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In my younger Years I drove and preferred a Manual Transmission but now with Hip and Back problems I can no longer drive Vehicle wirh a Manual Transmission so I have no choice but to use an Automatic Transmission.

Wonder how many other Elio Enthusiasts and to be Owners may have to opt in for an Automatic Transmission. The extra $1,000.00 for the Automatic is well worth it for with a Manual Transmission the car would be parked in driveway

DITTO..........and there will be a paddle option.........so you can still shift, just no clutch pedal :p

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like the AMT.
BUT the cheap in me says I could purchase other options for the price of the automatic.
BUT then I rationalize that with an AMT it would be better for resale value (if I ever decide to sell it)..
:eek: ...................WHAT.............RESALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL ME IT AIN'T SO :p

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder why manual transmissions are also known as STANDARD transmissions? hmmmm.
There were times that manual/stick/standard transmissions were the only option for the transmission.
Along comes the new fancy Automatic shift tranny as an option.
So dealers had to advertise it as a Standard tranny vs. the new optional tranny, the automatic.

Anderson Howard

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There were times that manual/stick/standard transmissions were the only option for the transmission.
Along comes the new fancy Automatic shift tranny as an option.
So dealers had to advertise it as a Standard tranny vs. the new optional tranny, the automatic.
General Motors pushed the automatic transmission after WW2 when thousands of GIs came home with missing limbs.

Top Bottom