• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price

Charles

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this forum for several weeks, but finally signed up.

I notice in the Terms and Conditions that they state the price is an estimate and there is absolutely no promise to honor that price. I wonder what other peoples thoughts are on what the price will be in reality, and would you still buy if say the price was $10,000?

If for some reason they must raise the price I hope they don't raise for the all-in persons or at least not significantly.

My thoughts From what I've read: I think Elio in a way is following the paths of other auto makers in the budget category. - You offer a 'dirt cheap' price on a base model few people want, and offer upgrades to make it desirable. I.e. I see people on here throwing a fit about the dash, but in reality it is probably done the way it is to meet that price point. If they offer an upgrade or even if it is only available After Market that still keeps everyone happy.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Charles, Glad you could join us!

Everything I have read says they are working to to hit the $6800 price target. I have also read that even according to their own estimates they are not there yet and I know there is a good probability that the the base price will rise at least a few hundred dollars. I doubt the base price will rise to $10K however it would not surprise me at all to see it at $7500 which I still believe would be a great deal for such a fuel efficient vehicle.

It would be very nice of them, not to mention great publicity, if they were to offer the $6800 price to everyone who was all in before any price increase was announced. We will just have to wait and see what happens if the price needs to be increased.

Right now the Elio base model includes three airbags, A/C, AM/FM/MP3 stereo, power windows, power door lock, and a manual transmission. This would be a basic, yet perfectly comfortable and safe, vehicle for daily transportation. Of course there are still plenty of options you can add however the Elio base model offers a lot more than most automakers include in their ultra cheap base models.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Good points all. I think we all have different expectations on this endeaver. Personally, I budgeted up tp $10,000 (with tax, title, and maybe a few options) when I went all in $1000 in January. But, from what i hear, there are just a couple hundred from reaching their traget price. Either way, I am fine with it.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see no reason $10k would be the base price, if it were, the whole thing would crumble. They would lose the people that can barely afford the $6800 as it was, and those of us that have no problem with the $6800 would start looking at other toys as price increased, and only the diehards would remain.

I think a lot of us are assuming $10k with some decent options. I think if someone did an exhaustive list of parts of the Elio vs. parts of lets say a Nissan Versa or any other lower end smaller car, you can see how the base $6800 is not totally crazy, just very aggressive.

The work Elio Motors seem to be doing in the background leads me to believe $6800 is the target and they are doing everything they can to keep it there for marketing and overall success of their business plan. However, I would not be surprised if they go over by some small amount around 10%, hence the base price of $7500.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see no reason $10k would be the base price, if it were, the whole thing would crumble. They would lose the people that can barely afford the $6800 as it was, and those of us that have no problem with the $6800 would start looking at other toys as price increased, and only the diehards would remain.

I think a lot of us are assuming $10k with some decent options. I think if someone did an exhaustive list of parts of the Elio vs. parts of lets say a Nissan Versa or any other lower end smaller car, you can see how the base $6800 is not totally crazy, just very aggressive.

The work Elio Motors seem to be doing in the background leads me to believe $6800 is the target and they are doing everything they can to keep it there for marketing and overall success of their business plan. However, I would not be surprised if they go over by some small amount around 10%, hence the base price of $7500.
Totally agree with that. They are trying very hard and understand they are close.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it was $10,000 I'd be out. If it gets only 50mpg HWY I'd probably be out. It is kind of the whole package that drew me in. Now if they add options that allow the price to get to $10,000> Cruise, panoramic roof, leather, premium sound system, heated and cooled cupholders... more power to them. Being that they plan on being factory stores they can make a darn good profit this way even if the base model sells for a slight loss (but not until they get established somewhat).
Everybody in the new car biz knows you make most of your profit with dealer add on's and finance. After that in non-warranty service. We have no idea what the profit sharing deal in the service area is going to be, but there has to be some... if Pep boys has the contract you can bet they are paying Elio something for that.
The price of the car has little to do with the ultimate profit potential in a conventional sales model. Elio could work this to their advantage. But hopefully it will be a mutual benefit to the customer.

Blueskybob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I've been lurking on this forum for several weeks, but finally signed up.

I notice in the Terms and Conditions that they state the price is an estimate and there is absolutely no promise to honor that price. I wonder what other peoples thoughts are on what the price will be in reality, and would you still buy if say the price was $10,000?

If for some reason they must raise the price I hope they don't raise for the all-in persons or at least not significantly.

My thoughts From what I've read: I think Elio in a way is following the paths of other auto makers in the budget category. - You offer a 'dirt cheap' price on a base model few people want, and offer upgrades to make it desirable. I.e. I see people on here throwing a fit about the dash, but in reality it is probably done the way it is to meet that price point. If they offer an upgrade or even if it is only available After Market that still keeps everyone happy.

There is a third party quote that came from Paul Elio at the AZ showing. When asked about the price he said they were about $250 high right now but are still working on trimming it do hit $6800. $7050 is close enough for me! :):):)

I just hope they are not so focused on hitting the Big Four so exact that they miss on other aspects that make the driving experience good.​

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a third party quote that came from Paul Elio at the AZ showing. When asked about the price he said they were about $250 high right now but are still working on trimming it do hit $6800. $7050 is close enough for me! :):):)

I just hope they are not so focused on hitting the Big Four so exact that they miss on other aspects that make the driving experience good.​
If I understand Paul Elio correctly, all suggestions, ideas, offers, etc. are viewed & reviewed as to wheather they fit with the (4) fundamental principals of the Elio concept. If not they are discarded or they may become an aftermarket item &/or option............ :)

Top Bottom