• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I understand Paul Elio correctly, all suggestions, ideas, offers, etc. are viewed & reviewed as to wheather they fit with the (4) fundamental principals of the Elio concept. If not they are discarded or they may become an aftermarket item &/or option............ :)

Neal at Daytona Beach said they will be coming out with a list of all the new options soon.

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$6,800 is a great # number to go for but I will pay more if needed. EM seems to be working seriously on keeping the base product price as low as possible.

Reactions: JP

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$6,800 is a great # number to go for but I will pay more if needed. EM seems to be working seriously on keeping the base product price as low as possible.

Before the Elio, I had my sights set on a Fiesta ST. If Elio raises the price significantly, I may just buy the Fiesta. Since the Elio has limited practicality, I'm not expecting to pay a lot for it.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Before the Elio, I had my sights set on a Fiesta ST. If Elio raises the price significantly, I may just buy the Fiesta. Since the Elio has limited practicality, I'm not expecting to pay a lot for it.

This is exactly why I believe they will work hard to keep the price down. They really need to make the final price several thousand dollars cheaper than other small cars or else it just will not make sense for many people to buy the Elio. You can buy a new base model Fiesta S in the $12's so if the Elio base model can be had for under $8K it saves you at least $4K and you get nearly twice the fuel economy also.

I can see a fully optioned Elio with leather seats and a turbocharged motor going for about 13K but even that would save you at least $6K over a nicely optioned Fiesta ST. No new car anywhere close to that price range would have the performance of a 100 HP Elio.

Charles Cummins

Reaction score
Well the reason I just went in for 100 was I'm unsure of whether they can produce it for 6800. I am afraid it might go belly up and I would be out a good chunk of money. One of my concerns so far I think everyone riding in the car will have to wear a helmet, unless you live in a state where their is no helmet law. Another thing that will be wierd is having to talk to the passenger behind you.

I'm sure they will give you the option to bow out if the price and the specs are different that what's they are saying.

All this said, I sort of wish I got in earlier and put more down so I would have the care at an earlier date.

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well the reason I just went in for 100 was I'm unsure of whether they can produce it for 6800. I am afraid it might go belly up and I would be out a good chunk of money. One of my concerns so far I think everyone riding in the car will have to wear a helmet, unless you live in a state where their is no helmet law. Another thing that will be wierd is having to talk to the passenger behind you.

I'm sure they will give you the option to bow out if the price and the specs are different that what's they are saying.

All this said, I sort of wish I got in earlier and put more down so I would have the care at an earlier date.
The vast majority of the time I travel alone.. During the week I travel 95 miles a day alone so the Elio would be OK.. I considered trying to talk to someone behind you would seem weird and a rear view mirror might be good for this purpose..

Ray

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You can add to your deposit anytime you wish and go higher on the delivery list.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
One of my concerns so far I think everyone riding in the car will have to wear a helmet, unless you live in a state where their is no helmet law.

The helmet laws are currently only required for adults in five states and Elio Motors has a dedicated government relations person working to try and change the law in those states. This really should not be an issue at all for most people and I expect it to mostly be resolved by the time these start hitting the road.

http://www.eliomotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/helmetlaws.pdf

Top Bottom