• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Price

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. In order to hit the road to success running Mr. Elio knows the price must be a big gabber for people. Once this car hits the streets I think it will go viral. Then again, I did by a Betamax back in the day.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. In order to hit the road to success running Mr. Elio knows the price must be a big gabber for people. Once this car hits the streets I think it will go viral. Then again, I did by a Betamax back in the day.

Betamax was killed by Sony's price point; it was far superior to VHS.
Also, Sony unfortunately priced MiniDisc out of the market. MD is by far the best format for compact audio. MP3 quality simply sucks by comparison (assuming comparable levels of compression). I have portable and home MD player/recorders, and an in-dash MD player. I bought a Yamaha MD-8 8-track MD mixer/recorder that my band used to record. MD was an excellent format - but priced out of the market early on. I 'cheat' by using my home MD deck on my analog stereo; doesn't really fit the nostalgia of the rest of the system which consists of a Pioneer SX-950 receiver, Technics SL-Q3 turntable, and Nakamichi RX-202 (Unidirectional AutoReverse - the cassette comes out and spins to reverse direction) and BX-300 cassette decks, but it sure sounds awesome.

Charles

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure they will give you the option to bow out if the price and the specs are different that what's they are saying.

This attitude doesn't make any sense to me. They specifically state that both the all-in deposit is non-refundable and that the price is not guaranteed. This was the premise of starting this thread. (Of course there is no reason to be discussing refundable deposits, as they are refundable whether or not they meet the price point.)

I appreciate the well written posts of everyone. I do agree that they will do everything possible to keep the price down.

Top Bottom