• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Reservation # 4590 For Sale!

Mary Shubkagel

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Because of my health I need to sell my place in line for an Elio. If you are going to pay $1,000 for a place in line, why not jump ahead of 8,000 or more people? I really would love to have an Elio, but why have one if I will not be able to drive it? Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out the details.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because of my health I need to sale my place in line for an Elio. If you are going to pay $1,000 for a place in line, why not jump ahead of 8,000 or more people? I really would love to have an Elio, but why have one if I will not be able to drive it? Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out the details.
I think selling your reservation won't be a problem, but I think the spot in line is lost in the transaction- your buyer goes to the end of the 1k all in line.
Provided of course it comes to pass, folks with low numbers could make some real money if they could sell their position. Some more knowledgeable than myself will provided clarity - my CRS is expanding!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just noticed you're new to the forum, welcome, all questions related to the Elio can be answered here. All theories/thoughts/speculations/what ifs/ flow in a steady stream of covert EM operations, and many "knowing" (their own opinions.)
That being said, there are many with skills/training/education familiar with the complex task of bringing the Elio to market.
Keep us posted as to the final outcome.

Mary Shubkagel

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Because of my health I need to sell my place in line for an Elio. If you are going to pay $1,000 for a place in line, why not jump ahead of 8,000 or more people? I really would love to have an Elio, but why have one if I will not be able to drive it? Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out the details.

I don't want to make any money on the sale. I just don't want to loose my deposit.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand, and I think it won't be a problem, but the spot in line is mosy likely a no. If you get no definitive answer here- email Elio Motors, they are good to respond.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to make any money on the sale. I just don't want to loose my deposit.
Welcome to the forum Mary. So sorry to hear about your health problems. Unfortunately, your place in line is not transferable with the sale of your reservation. Elio will let you sell your reservation given your situation, but the purchaser does not get your production number. They would get the next available spot in line upon transfer, upon Approval from Elio.
Elio has made that clear in the past to prevent people from selling reservations for profit. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but better you find out now, then waste time trying to sell it.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DALLAS CLOCK DOC HAS THE SAME PROBLEM . ( # 3256 )
HE EVEN FOUND SOMEONE WHO WANTED TO STEP IN .

AS ARE U CRAZY SAID , ELIO WON'T PERMIT A DIRECT TRANSFER .
THE DOC PLANS TO TAKE DELIVERY AND SELL IT TO THE NEW OWNER .

THINK OF THE PAPERWORK THEY COULD SAVE US IF THEY WOULD
JUST CHANGE THE NAME ON THE RESERVATION !

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
for clearity - I'm sure EM will allow you to "transfer"(sell) your 1k all in, but with the understanding that the spot in line is not.
IMO there have been notices of folks wanting to buy 1k all in, but at the most recent, they would only pay $500.00, if you could hold until/if, it goes into production, It will be easier to sell, especially if they discontinue the incentive.
Currently, there is no reason/incentive to give you the 1k, as anyone could give it to EM AND get a "t"shirt (lol)

Mary Shubkagel

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I understand, and I think it won't be a problem, but the spot in line is mosy likely a no. If you get no definitive answer here- email Elio Motors, they are good to respond.

I need to get an answer from Elio so that I will know what to tell someone if they are interested. If I can't I guess I will get the car then sell it. But it would be nice to order it the way someone wantes it.

Mary Shubkagel

Elio Fan
Reaction score
DALLAS CLOCK DOC HAS THE SAME PROBLEM . ( # 3256 )
HE EVEN FOUND SOMEONE WHO WANTED TO STEP IN .

AS ARE U CRAZY SAID , ELIO WON'T PERMIT A DIRECT TRANSFER .
THE DOC PLANS TO TAKE DELIVERY AND SELL IT TO THE NEW OWNER .

THINK OF THE PAPERWORK THEY COULD SAVE US IF THEY WOULD
JUST CHANGE THE NAME ON THE RESERVATION !

That's probably what I will do. Keep my spot and take delivery. Once I have it, it is my business what I do with it. I don't like doing it that way but if I would have received my car when I was supposed to I would have had a chance to enjoy it for a while.

Top Bottom