• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Reservation # 4590 For Sale!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I need to get an answer from Elio so that I will know what to tell someone if they are interested. If I can't I guess I will get the car then sell it. But it would be nice to order it the way someone wantes it.
It will then be a "used" vehicle, with the taxes/financing arrangements/title etc. You would either have to buy it out right (all cash) or go thru the hassle of financing it, then getting the funds from the buyer to pay you- to first pay-off your loan. while it's still a new concept banks will be relucent to offer loans for used Elios. I think that is why EM will be making financial arrangements to handle purchases.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DALLAS CLOCK DOC HAS THE SAME PROBLEM . ( # 3256 )
HE EVEN FOUND SOMEONE WHO WANTED TO STEP IN .

AS ARE U CRAZY SAID , ELIO WON'T PERMIT A DIRECT TRANSFER .
THE DOC PLANS TO TAKE DELIVERY AND SELL IT TO THE NEW OWNER .

THINK OF THE PAPERWORK THEY COULD SAVE US IF THEY WOULD
JUST CHANGE THE NAME ON THE RESERVATION !

............"THINK OF THE PAPERWORK THEY COULD SAVE US IF THEY WOULD JUST CHANGE THE NAME ON THE RESERVATION !".........
If you were Elio would you want to end up in the paperwork nightmare of acting as an agent for selling "futures" on a car that wasn't in production yet? Would it even be legal? Somehow I think the SEC might try to put their nose into that. What kind of contracts might they want? Would the IRS need to be involved?

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I need to get an answer from Elio so that I will know what to tell someone if they are interested. If I can't I guess I will get the car then sell it. But it would be nice to order it the way someone wantes it.
My opinion is, if Eliot does go into production and you go through with the purchase, you would be able to.sell yours for a sizable profit. Since anyone without a reservation will have to wait a minimum of a year to purchase one. If and when the Elio hits the streets, I personally believe.it will become a highly sought after vehicle.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Because of my health I need to sale my place in line for an Elio. If you are going to pay $1,000 for a place in line, why not jump ahead of 8,000 or more people? I really would love to have an Elio, but why have one if I will not be able to drive it? Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out the details.
Hi Mary,

Buckeye Jake, one of the moderators on this forum, has offered to buy up reservations. http://elioowners.com/threads/looking-to-buy.5807/ You would need to contact him to see if the offer is still in effect. As noted, you would need to draw up a binding contract for sale after delivery was taken. Since he has apparently done this transaction, you might request a copy of the agreement (without the personal information) even if he is not currently willing to buy another reservation.

Some of the things that might be worth negotiating in the contract:
Current amount to be paid.
Whether you will order the vehicle to spec for the purchaser, and how much the purchaser will pay you at the time of the order.
When and how payment and title transfer will take place after delivery.
How the bonus discount will be handled.
How the transaction will be binding on either party's heirs in case of death or disability.
What responsibilities each party will have to each other if Elio Motors fails to make it to production.

Getting an attorney to draft up a good agreement would probably be expensive, but if you had an example, it should not be too expensive to have a paralegal draw up the contract, and an attorney review it. I think it would be easier (legally) if the purchaser lived in the same state as you.

I believe that WH is correct about the securities issue. Ie, you are not going to be able to directly transfer your reservation AND spot in line number.

Elio seems to be willing to transfer the reservations to heirs upon death, but I do not know if they have also agreed to transfer the spot-in-line numbers to the survivors.

ElioBlue

Reaction score
I am getting tired of waiting for a production quarter AND year. Who know if the Govt. loan will ever be approved. It's obviously in the best interest of the 'big 3' auto mfrs. for it never to be approved. If it was going to be approved, it, IMHO, would have been done long ago.

In the meantime I ordered a new Mustang and am awaiting delivery. At my age, as the saying goes, 'I don't buy green bananas' :-)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am getting tired of waiting for a production quarter AND year. Who know if the Govt. loan will ever be approved. It's obviously in the best interest of the 'big 3' auto mfrs. for it never to be approved. If it was going to be approved, it, IMHO, would have been done long ago.

In the meantime I ordered a new Mustang and am awaiting delivery. At my age, as the saying goes, 'I don't buy green bananas' :)
Wishing you all the best, my bananas come from baby fruit jars!!-lol
just gotta know, what color??
thanks

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A white Mustang. My Elio was going to be white, the most visible vehicle color on the highway.
ElioBlue driving an ElioWhite? White is on the safest color list. White has always been my color preference until my current vehicle when I decided I should try something of a different color and sorry I did.

The new Mustang's styling is sweet!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A white Mustang. My Elio was going to be white, the most visible vehicle color on the highway.
Good pick! Your Pony has hazard blinking lights you got the fog/snow thing covered. there are other colors that the eye sees more readily than white, that's the reasoning behind safety vests, - white indeed is a very popular car color - enjoy it
I'm carrying the banner for yellow as an Elio option, Jerome "hinted" that the apple green, might be dropped and replaced by the yellow after the first year.

Top Bottom