• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Speed

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The frequency with which these performance metrics tend to be critical in assuring exceptional safety margins during highway driving is principally why I intend on opting for the manual transmission, providing absolute control over shift points and purposeful time spent in selected gears.
Agree.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Going 95 down two-lane highways. Hmmm.
That's "Safely" passing someone?

Just don't do it on the highways I drive on, thanks very much.

Sure, passing a semi on a two-lane road with the typical dotted line length given means you've got to punch it. This is fairly typical driving in the Ozarks, for instance.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Roush performance, Peterson springs, and Gabriel shocks have worked together to change the suspension and chassis design.

I wonder how they have driven it. I particularly wonder how Roush has driven it including what speeds and cornering.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sure, passing a semi on a two-lane road with the typical dotted line length given means you've got to punch it. This is fairly typical driving in the Ozarks, for instance.
Ah... yeah OK.
I drove Semi Cross Country.
Been there and just about everywhere else.

Your argument certainly doesn't change my original observation and opinion.
Calling 95mph on two lane highways in the Ozarks "safe" makes them even more relevant.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I personally need a very quick slam me against the back rest 0-60 mph with a top speed of 80 and I'm good to go.

Hootersnoocher

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My Son has a Ford Focus and it has a twin clutch 6 speed that is like driving an automatic. 1,3,5 are on the inner input shaft to it's clutch. 2,4,6, are on a outer input sleeve to it's clutch. when starting out, the computer selects the clutch on odd shaft, while 2nd gear is engaged but not engaged by the clutch. When shift up is commanded, clutches switch and odd shaft selects 3rd gear to the ready, but again, it's clutch is free from it's pressure plate. Then reverse the flow when slowing, deceleration, or braking so wheel speed matches gear needed.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An older Geo Metro would go from 0-60 in 19 seconds.
How do you pass with such a vehicle?
Geos with automatic transmissions, yes.
I test drove one with an automatic transmission and very low mileage
I pulled onto the road with a Semi coming from 1/2 mile down the road and nearly got run over before I got up to speed.

However, I owned two with manual transmissions and could do 0-60 in well under 11 seconds in both.

Top Bottom