1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Elio Stabilty On Highway,wind, Steep Grades, And At70mph.?

Discussion in 'Forum Rules, Site Suggestions, & Help' started by Jackbow, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Marshall

Marshall Elio Addict

That's what I'm thinking. But those would probably be freak conditions and one easily avoided.

2. NSTG8R

NSTG8R Elio Addict

If you think about it, the Elio wheel set-up would have way less impact on suspension icing than a standard car/truck. The wheel fairings would mostly isolate the suspension from the crap splashed up by the tires unlike a wheel well. Much ado about nothing, I say.

Folks, Bert, champsman and 5 others like this.
  3. flyingsquirrel

flyingsquirrel New Member

I have a CanAm Spyder which is similar in layout to the Elio....although it is fine in town, on a not perfectly smooth interstate I find it to be darty

4. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Compare the wheelbase and the stance; that will determine how "twitchy" it will be at speed.
    On the CanAm, the driver and passenger give it a much higher CG, plus the wheelbase on the CanAm is shorter than the Elio; then add in the aero dynamic differences between the two.
    So I can see how it would be a different experience on the CanAm then it will be in the Elio.

Bert, Lynn D, wizard of ahs and 3 others like this.