• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Stock Sale A Success? Has There Been A Press Release?

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cannot believe that those who said they would buy stock but didn't are not catching flak on this MB.

Did it ever occur to anyone that there may big BIG PLAYERS in the Auto Industry that Pledged to Buy Shares with no intention to do so. Remember this is the First Start up company in the USA building their own engine. I don't imagine the BIG # care for that much and would like to see Eilo fall by the wayside.
Double D in Ohio

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"To date this offering has raised nearly $16 million, which is more than the $12.6 million needed to move to the next phase of development on the vehicle – building our E-Series prototypes."

Well, I finally got what I wanted! :D

giphy.gif
I'd say it's more like;

$16 million (thunder clap) haa, haa, haa
image.jpeg

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cannot believe that those who said they would buy stock but didn't are not catching flak on this MB.

Did it ever occur to anyone that there may big BIG PLAYERS in the Auto Industry that Pledged to Buy Shares with no intention to do so. Remember this is the First Start up company in the USA building their own engine. I don't imagine the BIG # care for that much and would like to see Eilo fall by the wayside.
Double D in Ohio
conspiracy theory?

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Over $17M raised through Feb 1 deadline. Stock should begin trading on OTCQX sometime in March, 2016 per Paul Elio's recent comments, but this is a long-term hold, IMHO.

It is a risky investment - that's for certain. Even should the product launch, there is too little data to determine how effective the organization will be after start up. Will the management team invest wisely or will they embark on a drunken spending spree? Still, I've put a little money into the stock. If the price collapses due to accredited investors seeking liquidity, I just might double down.

toxotes

Elio Addict
Reaction score
conspiracy theory is totally it.

Jimmy Hoffa bought 15 million in shares to ensure the teamsters will build the cars
and the third bullet from the grassy knoll was fired from Elvis's gun

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is a risky investment - that's for certain. Even should the product launch, there is too little data to determine how effective the organization will be after start up. Will the management team invest wisely or will they embark on a drunken spending spree? Still, I've put a little money into the stock. If the price collapses due to accredited investors seeking liquidity, I just might double down.
Seriously...."drunken spending spree" it's pretty clear EM knows how, and why, to run a lean ship. Any accredited investors that have put money in EM didn't put money in because they were looking for a tech company quick return, the value in this type of company is in years, not months. ;)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Over $17M raised through Feb 1 deadline. Stock should begin trading on OTCQX sometime in March, 2016 per Paul Elio's recent comments, but this is a long-term hold, IMHO.
How is it that brokers always tell clients -you're in it for the long run,- so who is it that is buying and selling daily?
IMO the market is 1/2 a step lower than lotteries, it's a game for the big boys,

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How is it that brokers always tell clients -you're in it for the long run,- so who is it that is buying and selling daily?
IMO the market is 1/2 a step lower than lotteries, it's a game for the big boys,
Who is buying and selling daily................day traders and brokers.

The stock market is a good place invest a % of your retirement portfolio in proven companies. You certainly don't have to invest in high risk startups which is gambling with your retirement funds.

Top Bottom