• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Survey - Tranmissions

saltydog72

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It looks like there were a group of us who were asked at $1000, some who were asked at $1200, some at $1500 and some at all three. I suspect they're trying to do two things: 1) estimate the required mix of manual and automatics in their initial run and 2) determine how price affects that decision.

They may well have more than one off-the-shelf AT to select from, but I suspect they are simply looking at the supply / demand curve to hit the maximum profit from AT upgrades. Assuming the AT costs them $800 installed, do they want to sell 10,000 with a $200 profit, or 5,000 units with a $400 profit? Probably the later. But somewhere along that curve, the number will drop enough that it doesn't make sense to go higher.

Some people may have even gotten a higher number in this survey... unless at $1500 there were few takers.

I would concur with this,I was asked for all three amounts also, They already know much the ATM is worth they are just trying to to see how much they can charge for it.All this did for me was to add to a gut feeling that when they brought roush on board. the more forks (folks)in the pie the less pie you get, something has to give corporate greed says so.they are takeing a great simple idea that Paul Elio has and corrupt the &$^#%^#@% out of it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would concur with this,I was asked for all three amounts also, They already know much the ATM is worth they are just trying to to see how much they can charge for it.All this did for me was to add to a gut feeling that when they brought roush on board. the more forks (folks)in the pie the less pie you get, something has to give corporate greed says so.they are takeing a great simple idea that Paul Elio has and corrupt the &$^#%^#@% out of it.
Not even close, PE is still in charge, that's why a lot of investors walk away, he will not share control.

After contacting EM, they're saying the reason for the survey is to find out how many people really want an automatic.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The pertinent question is which AT and what price. Otherwise, it's buying a pig in a poke. I might consider a true automatic at $1050 and not even consider an AMT at that same price. If I asked how much you are willing to spend, the first question is, "for what?"

My second question is whether I can avoid delivery charges if I pick it up at the factory?

Yes! I'm CHEAP. As a matter of fact, after careful consideration of every option. I think I'll stick to the base model.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not even close, PE is still in charge, that's why a lot of investors walk away, he will not share control.

After contacting EM, they're saying the reason for the survey is to find out how many people really want an automatic.

New wrinkle: I think the survey was to determine how many could be sold at a given price. That said, the price that people say they are willing to pay($1000) just might determine which AT they decide to provide. I don't think that the kind of AT is firmed up yet.

Top Bottom