• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Survey - Tranmissions

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
easy up! I wasn't the only person who had no other option except $1500., and although I'd pick a manual ,@73 with 3 motorcycle accidents and some other s__ t adds up to an automatic. When I buy my E it's not a question of how much, I have to have auto. The very reason I'm going for the E is a substitute for a bike ( read another toy). I've spent much more for some of my bikes. I know how fortunate I am to have the funds, -would have been a EV Morgan until her lawyer got to me!!
X:XII, time to turn in, night all
BTW it's not a lock that the transmission options will be this week, I'd guess it won't- I am hoping to see the prices on the body panels.
Good point. The transmission options may come out latter. They said options would be added regularly. It makes more sense for them to not make a major decision, like the transmission option, until they have had plenty of time to think about it.

I believe you are correct.

Thomas Maule

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. The transmission options may come out latter. They said options would be added regularly. It makes more sense for them to not make a major decision, like the transmission option, until they have had plenty of time to think about it.

I believe you are correct.

naaa.... the transmission is a major basic item with only 2 choices. I think they will launch with that option.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
1k all-in. I didn't get the survey. Unfortunately, I need the automatic. Had the left knee operated on a couple years ago and it's as jacked up as it was before I let them mess with it. :(

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TARGET DATES CHANGE!

That is all.

Oh, the humanity!

So I did a little figuring.
Based on when and how I went all in, and for how much, and the current production plans, I am guessing my little creamsicel Elio will be in my driveway about Novembr or December of 2017. That, by the way, is not a complaint.
In the mean time I will be picking up a Kioti CK35 e/w loader and box blade. Need to fix my 1800 ft driveway to accommodate my Elio.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, the humanity!

So I did a little figuring.
Based on when and how I went all in, and for how much, and the current production plans, I am guessing my little creamsicel Elio will be in my driveway about Novembr or December of 2017. That, by the way, is not a complaint.
In the mean time I will be picking up a Kioti CK35 e/w loader and box blade. Need to fix my 1800 ft driveway to accommodate my Elio.

That Kioti looks to be about the same size as my Kubota (L4240). I have a loader and the backhoe (w/ hydraulic thumb). Such a useful and fun tool. Clearly a tractor is an essential option for any Elio enthusiast.

Jag39

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received the survey. Same thing, offered 3 different prices on it. Answered manual to all questions. The final question I filled in the box saying why I didn't go automatic. Just said manual was fine and not worth the additional price for the automatic, to me. I currently have both, and actually prefer manuals. Less hp drain, and I can rebuild them myself, if necessary.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
After a couple of days have past and reading all the entries on two threads and completing a survey, here's my observations...

If you said 'yes' to the $1500 automatic, the survey was done. If you said no, you got the next question.
If you said 'yes' to the $1200 automatic, the survey was done. If you said no, you got the next question.
If you said 'yes' to the $1000 automatic, the survey was done. If you said no, you got the next question.
This question asked why you didn't want the automatic, gave 3 choices plus an "other" IIRC. Choosing other allowed you to explain why.

Looks like the survey went to a variety of reservation types, not just the $1k folks. Might have been chosen randomly. If you didn't get the survey, it could be in your spam/trash folder, it could be sent to another email address you have given to EM, or you can email them at tellmemore@eliomotos.com and ask them why you didn't get one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom