• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Survey - Tranmissions

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was simply comparing the Metro AT with the Metro 5-speed.
I can't remember the exact figure but I beat that 9.6 seconds to 60mph with the Metro 5-speed all the time.

As I said, with the 5-speed, they were fun, peppy little cars. With the AT? Fagettaboutit.

The Metro and the Elio have the same HP. HP is HP.
A significant difference is: Metro=1800lb. Elio=1300lb.
Another is bound to be the difference in torque at different rpms.

I wonder what the difference in torque is between the two?

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
XL:XLI, Riots in the streets, new for me, but an annual thing May 1st here in Seattle!! I'm not sure what they were protesting - no May Pole??- Sounds like Halloween in Detroit, without the fires.
stay safe, Seattle is quiet now.
I'm pretty sure it ain't from all the pot smokers, they're all home listening to Led Zeppelin.
Must be the Starbucks drinkers. Best drug I ever had was a morphine suppository, didn't get my finger back out of my ass 'till the next morning. I know, I know, should be on the jokes page, but sometimes I just can't help it.

Last edited:

Kenny Rogers

Reaction score
31 N Harrison St, Beverly Hills, Fl 34465
Maybe on the car, I think it's listed/built into the price, along with wipers and tires, etc..
I wonder what the real difference in transmissions is on cost of parts and install. As an item on final assembly line I would not think the difference would be that much. I figured about 800.00 would be a fair difference

Top Bottom