• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tells Sec It Has Lost $53m So Far

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on guys (and gals)...let be truthful here...

Elio's balance sheet is a disaster...

Elio is up to it's eyeballs in debt...they've been spending money like "drunken sailors"...

Companies that go bankrupt run out of cash...and have no way to rise further capitol...

Let's get real...without a huge infusion of capitol...Elio will more than likely run out of cash...

I'm sure the $17 million raised by the Reg A+ offering has already been allocated...and I'm hoping it's enough money to build & test a fleet of spec ready prototypes...

I assume the Elio Team is working 24/7...time is of the essence!

As I've said before...Elio has become a coin flip...but I'm still hopefully...

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on guys (and gals)...let be truthful here...

Elio's balance sheet is a disaster...

Elio is up to it's eyeballs in debt...they've been spending money like "drunken sailors"...

Companies that go bankrupt run out of cash...and have no way to rise further capitol...

Let's get real...without a huge infusion of capitol...Elio will more than likely run out of cash...

I'm sure the $17 million raised by the Reg A+ offering has already been allocated...and I'm hoping it's enough money to build & test a fleet of spec ready prototypes...

I assume the Elio Team is working 24/7...time is of the essence!

As I've said before...Elio has become a coin flip...but I'm still hopefully...
Hey Debbie Downer, if you don't like it, you can always head out the door. ;)

doormystery2July2015.JPG

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Again, this is simply what a large startup company looks like pre-revenue. It takes a lot of money to develop a vehicle and get it into production. Nearly every cent of that will come in the form of debt of some sort and there will be no revenue to offset it until they start shipping product. The only questionable thing on there is the penalty interest rate on one of the loans. Everything else looks as it should as far as I can tell. Actually, I think they're way ahead in the sense that they've been able to rely on reservation $$ to sustain the operation between major funding efforts.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM hasn't Lost 53 mil, they spent it on development, salary, tours, advertisement and the plant. It will be a lot higher before the First Elio comes off the line and hits the street.

It's only a loss on paper because they don't have income Yet! Every company starts with a loss on paper until the product or service starts to sell. As income starts to come in, the paper loss slowly disappears and hopefully the company goes from red to black.

If you add on the orders taken but not yet delivered, EM is in the black on paper. ;)
Exactly. And we'll know if that money was well invested when EM finishes the engineering vehicles and starts testing. A lot of money went in, on the front end, for developing the vehicle, engine, and simulations, etc, etc, etc.

Top Bottom