• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Tells Sec It Has Lost $53m So Far

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM hasn't Lost 53 mil, they spent it on development, salary, tours, advertisement and the plant. It will be a lot higher before the First Elio comes off the line and hits the street.

It's only a loss on paper because they don't have income Yet! Every company starts with a loss on paper until the product or service starts to sell. As income starts to come in, the paper loss slowly disappears and hopefully the company goes from red to black.

If you add on the orders taken but not yet delivered, EM is in the black on paper. ;)
I'd bet it'll be $200M (or whatever Paul said it would cost).

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on guys (and gals)...let be truthful here...

Elio's balance sheet is a disaster...

Elio is up to it's eyeballs in debt...they've been spending money like "drunken sailors"...

Companies that go bankrupt run out of cash...and have no way to rise further capitol...

Let's get real...without a huge infusion of capitol...Elio will more than likely run out of cash...

I'm sure the $17 million raised by the Reg A+ offering has already been allocated...and I'm hoping it's enough money to build & test a fleet of spec ready prototypes...

I assume the Elio Team is working 24/7...time is of the essence!

As I've said before...Elio has become a coin flip...but I'm still hopefully...

How's your ulcer?? :D

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hate it when people lose large sums of money. Maybe we can form a posse and help them find it.
From my point of view, the money hasn't been LOST, it's been invested into product development. Profitability CANNOT occur until they bring the carsickle to market. While $53M is a lot of money, it's not that much for the development of any new model, startup or not.

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come on guys (and gals)...let be truthful here...

Elio's balance sheet is a disaster...

Elio is up to it's eyeballs in debt...they've been spending money like "drunken sailors"...

Companies that go bankrupt run out of cash...and have no way to rise further capitol...

Let's get real...without a huge infusion of capitol...Elio will more than likely run out of cash...

I'm sure the $17 million raised by the Reg A+ offering has already been allocated...and I'm hoping it's enough money to build & test a fleet of spec ready prototypes...

I assume the Elio Team is working 24/7...time is of the essence!

As I've said before...Elio has become a coin flip...but I'm still hopefully...
And many companies have gone bankrupt with billions in the bank. <American Airlines> . Bankruptcy is just a legal( while unethical) tool to screw the less fortunate out of whatever they have left.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From my point of view, the money hasn't been LOST, it's been invested into product development. Profitability CANNOT occur until they bring the carsickle to market. While $53M is a lot of money, it's not that much for the development of any new model, startup or not.
What I find disheartening about the Elio Motors adventure, is when reading a number of comments, just how detached many Americans have become from what real work is, from what it actually means to create a new product, and bring it to market. I find it a bit discouraging to read the tritness embedded in comments I see, such as 'yes I know it's really expensive and takes time, but they should have been done by now.... I really want them to succeed.'

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I find disheartening:D about the Elio Motors adventure, is when reading a number of comments, just how detached many Americans have become from what real work is, from what it actually means to create a new product, and bring it to market. I find it a bit discouraging to read the tritness embedded in comments I see, such as 'yes I know it's really expensive and takes time, but they should have been done by now.... I really want them to succeed.'
Trite but true: He who laughs
last....:D:D:D

James Reveal

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What I find disheartening about the Elio Motors adventure, is when reading a number of comments, just how detached many Americans have become from what real work is, from what it actually means to create a new product, and bring it to market. I find it a bit discouraging to read the tritness embedded in comments I see, such as 'yes I know it's really expensive and takes time, but they should have been done by now.... I really want them to succeed.'
The degree of triteness may depend upon the individuals history behind their "should have been done by now" statement. Have they been following Elio since 2008 or since their reservation a year or two ago. Has EM's news regarding production over time trite? I'm hoping for some fresh news emphasizing production (progress on E's) in today's Blog with a photo of Paul Elio and his engineering team standing in front of the fine tuned P5 (doing donuts) announcing the design freeze and final Elio MSRP.

Top Bottom