• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio To Launch By Mid-2016 With 41,000 Reservations And Counting

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and it's an olderish comment too. The claim is, as I remember EM will get 20% above costs (a fair price judging from those more knowledgeable)
If you like your gadgets I can't see OTD, shipping/taxes/tags @ 10K, (like all other transportation manufacturers) extras make the profits.
As PE has explained, you do not have to buy "packages" to get something you want with other in the package don't want. Which I interpret to mean, if you want the base car, no extras, for now you will be able to buy it for 6800 + the usual fixed/required costs.
My opinion- the price will hold for all reservationists, and be increased soon thereafter. It's gotta be a "lost leader" @ 6.3k (500 incentive)

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade, but that's a 4 month old article. Show me an article dated August (ok, I'll accept September, I suppose :orange:) with PE saying it's definitely Mid 2016 and I'll get excited.

As for options, with the Infinite Skyz system possibly running $1500 or more, I don't think it'll be hard to get over $10,000.Heated leather seats, premium stereo, all the body fairings they're showing, Sun roof, there are potentially a lot of options to bolt on. That's terrific, but I can see the final sticker going over $10,000 fairly quickly if you're not careful.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade, but that's a 4 month old article. Show me an article dated August (ok, I'll accept September, I suppose :orange:) with PE saying it's definitely Mid 2016 and I'll get excited.

As for options, with the Infinite Skyz system possibly running $1500 or more, I don't think it'll be hard to get over $10,000.Heated leather seats, premium stereo, all the body fairings they're showing, Sun roof, there are potentially a lot of options to bolt on. That's terrific, but I can see the final sticker going over $10,000 fairly quickly if you're not careful.
I'll stick with the stock seat (if it's comfy going down the road -- I really liked the P4's feel), and safety-related features. Heated seats have never impressed me, and I'm sure there will be alternative display technologies that read the OBD data buss for a hell of a lot less than $1500. I'll opt for lane warnings and a good back-up camera/ "mirror". Do want cruise. I happen to think the available body fairings are tacky-looking beyond belief. One of the virtues of the Elio's design is it's smooth simplicity and fine curves. All that plastic stuff just louses up the design, IMO>

so I figure $10K ought to make me happy. Might even get me part way to a Silas Sunday wrap.. Add $2k for the turbo upgrade, and I will be in hog heaven.

Last edited:

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go go gadget plan!
Inspector-gadget.jpg

Top Bottom