• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio To Launch By Mid-2016 With 41,000 Reservations And Counting

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
  1. OLD -FASHIONED OPINION : Remember When ?...nothing against you gadget guys...but, for me and my house...just enjoying the open road and taking in the sights and sounds of your surroundings is what I have always enjoyed about driving...( moveable feast for the eyes! )...kindda' like sitting in the mall people watching except your moving seeing both people and scenery ! I've noticed since our attention is divided with everything going on with a good majority of drivers doing their muti-tasking while driving has caused me great concern while I'm on the road. My daughter just got a new car recently containing a lot of those options that everyone on this website is talking about. Our recent trip in the country early in the morning proved my point...I saw a deer in the distance with her young and when I asked her how about that ?...she replied, "What ?"....I rest my case...now, the radio or C.D. player is a must not to mention the GPS IS NICE...ESPECIALLY , since the wife now yells at the talking voice instead of me...God bless that inventor ! Everything else,...Please consider this : A good portion of those Elio buyers are going to be people that really need a low priced transportation that affordable. Mr. Litcher, (on Elio's Board of Directors) said,...look it up, I do not want to misquote the man...but, he speaks to this issue of making the Elio available to all...especially to the segment of our population that would not be able to afford the Elio if all those high tech gadgets were forced upon you to purchase....I'm just sayin'
Maybe it is the driver who wasn't taught to look far ahead? I know my wife has this issue where I'll look 1+ mi ahead and she's barely look 1/4 mi ahead.

And yes, I still like my gadgets!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got $50 that says you're wrong.
I'll go your $50.00 against my $100.00 all in. (no production 2016)- the Nothing happening in 2017 is too vague
to be clear- there will be no production in 2016(excludes the hand builts -only production (off the lines))
want a piece of that??
Note to self-put a pop-up notice on my iphone Dec 31 2016. Well, it gives me something else to look forward to (not collectible from my estate):cool:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll go your $50.00 against my $100.00 all in. (no production 2016)- the Nothing happening in 2017 is too vague
to be clear- there will be no production in 2016(excludes the hand builts -only production (off the lines))
want a piece of that??
Note to self-put a pop-up notice on my iphone Dec 31 2016. Well, it gives me something else to look forward to (not collectible from my estate):cool:
Ok, you're on, if they make at least 1 delivery to a paying customer before Jan 1 2017.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was so sure they would not deliver , I purchased another bike. May pick it up tomorrow.

2016rgu.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how Paul Elio is going to explain this to the Cado parish council. There is suppose to be a fine for each day Elio Motors misses the July 1, 2016 deadline for hiring a specified number of employees. This could get very expensive. If the parish held him to this, would he have enough money to even start production or would the fine destroy the company.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder how Paul Elio is going to explain this to the Cado parish council. There is suppose to be a fine for each day Elio Motors misses the July 1, 2016 deadline for hiring a specified number of employees. This could get very expensive. If the parish held him to this, would he have enough money to even start production or would the fine destroy the company.
I guess I'm reading the language differently than most:
"There are two key pieces of information that we’d like to point out. One, the price listed in the Preliminary Offering Circular is “less than $7,600.00.” Second, we state that we do not expect to start delivering to customers until the fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest."
I read that as worst case, my thoughts being that EM is stating to the SEC (and indirectly, the DOE) a date and a price that they are very confident in reaching, so that neither group would bust their collective balls later - or worse, have professional victim "investors" file a class action suit saying they were mis-lead into investing. Remember, too, that CEOs face fines and/or prison time these days for false and mis-leading statements, so I think there is a whole lot of hedging and CYA'ing going on.

And we shouldn't make a mountain out of the hiring & training processes - I've brought new factories online and, with focus, hiring and training can be done inside 4 weeks. Funny thing is, the biggest part of training won't be how to do their 58 second tasks, it'll be all the ancillary stuff...

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hey when reality smacks me "upside" my head " I have to acknowledge it. !

Many of us wanted to see ELIO make it and get to market quickly. We wanted to believe, we still do. But there does come a time you have to wake up and face the facts.
Last year I believed we would likely see ELIO's roll out the end of 2015 maybe not at full speed but some being delivered. No shame in admitting we were wrong. Just as excepting the facts in front of us is not being anit ELIO motors.
ELIO has not even stared the real fight yet, wait until they do hire and the AWU's shows up at the door. Big companies can pay the cost of dealing with them. ELIO has no reserve fund to fight them.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm reading the language differently than most:
"There are two key pieces of information that we’d like to point out. One, the price listed in the Preliminary Offering Circular is “less than $7,600.00.” Second, we state that we do not expect to start delivering to customers until the fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest."
I read that as worst case, my thoughts being that EM is stating to the SEC (and indirectly, the DOE) a date and a price that they are very confident in reaching, so that neither group would bust their collective balls later - or worse, have professional victim "investors" file a class action suit saying they were mis-lead into investing. Remember, too, that CEOs face fines and/or prison time these days for false and mis-leading statements, so I think there is a whole lot of hedging and CYA'ing going on.

And we shouldn't make a mountain out of the hiring & training processes - I've brought new factories online and, with focus, hiring and training can be done inside 4 weeks. Funny thing is, the biggest part of training won't be how to do their 58 second tasks, it'll be all the ancillary stuff...
doesn't "at the earliest" imply that 2018,19,20 could fit the expectation.?
and too doesn't $7.6k leave a lot of wiggle room considering last time I heard they were very close to 7k?
so, the only real commitment is the earliest you get an E is 4q of 16 and below 7.6k
EM is basically off the hook to produce anytime as long as it is less than7.6k, how long to hold the price?, remove items from "included" to option- EM removes the radio and now has a small cushion to meet the 7.6
Whay do you think?

Top Bottom