• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio To Launch By Mid-2016 With 41,000 Reservations And Counting

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is why a department store ( like Kohls) will give you 20% off a purchase over $100 if you use your store card. They know that most will not pay the $100 off that month and charge you 21% interest on the $100. Netting them no less than a 1% increase in the sale amount. But Hay, You saved 20%....
Yep. My smart money pays cash for Kohl's sales items. If I had a KOHL's Card (no need) I would save the 20% and pay off the monthly balance. KOHL's likes the minimum balance payers too. Carry a credit card or 2 for making convenient transactions and as a tool for managing monthly expenses, but carry no balance.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes the card companies make a small % of their income from at the point of purchase sale, but so much more on the 16-18% + interest rate charged for carrying a balance due. Card companies prefer the minimum monthly payment customers.
Indeed, they do make more that way. But they don't *lose* money if you pay the entire balance each month. They still make money, just not as much. Just think about it for minute: The credit card companies built the system and write the rules. Why would they create a system where they would *lose* money? You would't do it, so why would they?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Indeed, they do make more that way. But they don't *lose* money if you pay the entire balance each month. They still make money, just not as much. Just think about it for minute: The credit card companies built the system and write the rules. Why would they create a system where they would *lose* money? You would't do it, so why would they?
I'm not the guy that said cc cards are losing money on card holders that carry no balance. They certainly do profit greatly from all cc users at the point of purchase and from some well beyond.

The average transaction fee is 2.3%-2.5% compared to 18%-20% interest rate earnings on cc balances.

Last edited:

bowers baldwin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
easy $50 For me No way on earth they can make a 2016 production date. They don't even have the plant ready yet of the final Px built yet.
I think they will move heaven and earth just to get a few out so they can claim a 2016 start. All 44K reserved delivered, no but a few definitely.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think they will move heaven and earth just to get a few out so they can claim a 2016 start. All 44K reserved delivered, no but a few definitely.
Without the cash, EM won't be able to move forward, let alone move heaven and earth. (where did this idea come from anyway, it makes absolutely no sense?) even if you believed in the magic of a special place for the "good" people BTW are good animals included?, where would you move it to? Why? I thought it was conveniently located already?

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Don't get me wrong I would love to see ELIO 8019 roll out the door this year balance owed on it still in an account waiting for that day.
It takes cash to make things happen. It takes a lot more cash to make them happen fast. Elio has none.
Find ,hire and train workers, Then replace those that fail to show up after the first week. Get that building up and running, Then there is parts. Engines They are not going into production over night. Just facing the facts.
ELIO has a lot of work to do.

Top Bottom