• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio To Launch By Mid-2016 With 41,000 Reservations And Counting

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm reading the language differently than most:
"There are two key pieces of information that we’d like to point out. One, the price listed in the Preliminary Offering Circular is “less than $7,600.00.” Second, we state that we do not expect to start delivering to customers until the fourth quarter of 2016 at the earliest."
I read that as worst case, my thoughts being that EM is stating to the SEC (and indirectly, the DOE) a date and a price that they are very confident in reaching, so that neither group would bust their collective balls later - or worse, have professional victim "investors" file a class action suit saying they were mis-lead into investing. Remember, too, that CEOs face fines and/or prison time these days for false and mis-leading statements, so I think there is a whole lot of hedging and CYA'ing going on.

And we shouldn't make a mountain out of the hiring & training processes - I've brought new factories online and, with focus, hiring and training can be done inside 4 weeks. Funny thing is, the biggest part of training won't be how to do their 58 second tasks, it'll be all the ancillary stuff...
I think I have similar interpretation of the cost. Elio is saying, we still can't hit 6800, but we can hit 7300 today so since this is some sort of a legal document we'll promise below 7600 because S!@t can happen and we don't want to get sued.

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We need to be careful to not over-analyze the minutia and just let EM and the Elio develop and run their course. The Elio is currently about a '20 footer' to my eye. Much has been accomplished yet much can and will change as time allows development to unfold. Lets stand back and allow that to process to occur. EM rightfully is diligently managing the process and not say too much or too little. As a '20 footer' we should all be encouraged, but nothing can be 100% until that Elio is in your driveway. As far as production goes, this from the SEC filing:

"Production Plan. Our Vice President of Manufacturing and Product Launches, Gino Raffin, and our consultant for project
management of Shreveport operations have developed the production plan and facility layout. The facility layout has been developed to
utilize the existing infrastructure and flexible design of the buildings at the Shreveport facility. A detailed 47-week launch plan has been
developed, which includes 24 weeks of pre-production activities, 10 weeks of manufacturing validation and training, and 12 weeks of
increased production to reach optimal production output."

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We need to be careful to not over-analyze the minutia and just let EM and the Elio develop and run their course. The Elio is currently about a '20 footer' to my eye. Much has been accomplished yet much can and will change as time allows development to unfold. Lets stand back and allow that to process to occur. EM rightfully is diligently managing the process and not say too much or too little. As a '20 footer' we should all be encouraged, but nothing can be 100% until that Elio is in your driveway. As far as production goes, this from the SEC filing:

"Production Plan. Our Vice President of Manufacturing and Product Launches, Gino Raffin, and our consultant for project
management of Shreveport operations have developed the production plan and facility layout. The facility layout has been developed to
utilize the existing infrastructure and flexible design of the buildings at the Shreveport facility. A detailed 47-week launch plan has been
developed, which includes 24 weeks of pre-production activities, 10 weeks of manufacturing validation and training, and 12 weeks of
None of witch is anything more than words on paper at this point. Meaning still a long ways from ever seeing an ELIO roll out of the plant.
Marketing is all we have been seeing from ELIO.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score

o. k. maybe "my eyes are dim I cannot see", 47 weeks launch time almost seems shy a year to me. So, if the launch were to start tomorrow, then July 2016 +/- the units would be rolling off the line?? Won't the clock start well after the first "hand built" E's?
"allow the process to continue"?? what if anything said here could affect the process? and, most important, when do you use either affect or effect:rolleyes:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Twenty footer?
Nope.
It's a sure thing.

The reason I believe that is that all the pieces are there and because of that, it's very, very doable.
It's not at all like Rick's self-balancing MC who's technology is still not quite there after years of R&D.
It's been stated that a lot of EM's debt is held by, or is within the influence of, Stew.

Stew is a board member, and probably EM's top investor, as has been alluded to by EM several times.
Definately their top investor if you consider those loans part of his risk and investment.
In our present modern world, much to do with money is a lot like smoke and mirrors.
Who, for example, really controls and/or influences our collective financial well being?
"Federal Reserve" is a misnomer that scares the Bejammies out of me.
There are a lot of whistle blower type of videos out there that give much food for thought.

Someone did a H&R on my 'Stang last month. They caught the perp weeks later.
I'm still in the process of getting the &@#$%'s insurance information so I can get the party started.
In the mean time, my inspection is running out and I don't want to drive the AWD until the snow falls, if even then.

So... I've bought a used Harbor Freight 10' x 17' portable garage for $50.
And I'm looking at some (albeit high mileage) FWD cars that people have put money into and are offering for prices in the $1200 range.
There are those types of people who will spend almost the entire asking price to make sure there's nothing wrong with the cars they sell.
And God bless 'em.

Tomorrow I hope to look at a $1299 (Negotiable) Nissan Sentra GXE with: quote...
"NEW ALTERNATOR
NEW BATTERY
A YEAR OLD TIRES
STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST
GOOD RECORDS
RUNS WELL - ENGINE IS VERY STRONG
GREAT CRUISER ON THE HIGHWAY."
The pictures look Swwwweet.

I redily admit that sometimes that's like saying, "She's got a great personality..."
But often enough, it's the real deal.

I'll survive till EM wakes me up (yawn) with an email.
They can take thier time and jump through the hoops necessary to bring this thing to fruition.
I'll wait.

That's actually one of two vehicles I'm going to attempt to view tomorrow.
The second one has a LONG list of $900 of new parts on a "rust-free and defect-free" body.
That Mitsubishi Galant's owner is asking $1200.

I have a good friend who's son just told me that he financed an '08 (something or other) for $12,000.
Worse than that, his insurance went up from $100 a month to $234 a month!
I just shake my head, and Dr. Phil says...

I just don't get the people who feel desperate and angry because their clunkers are dying.
At least in my market, the deals are always out there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom