• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Wiping Out Tesla!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many of these are made just north of where I live. I can assure you that many wind farms are still being built to this day. Especially here in ND, the windiest state in the nation.

I'm sure that they are being placed and assembled there. Unfortunately most of the components are built in South America, India, and China. I still see them rolling westbound on I10 near Junction, TX.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure that they are being placed and assembled there. Unfortunately most of the components are built in South America, India, and China. I still see them rolling westbound on I10 near Junction, TX.
According to the DOE (2013 stats), 72% of the turbines/components used on USA Wind Farms are actually built in the USA and with the recent cut in wind power subsidies many of those tubines/components are being exported. Apparently we can be competive in the renewable energy market place.

Paul DeCrans

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
According to the DOE (2013 stats), 72% of the turbines/components used on USA Wind Farms are actually built in the USA and with the recent cut in wind power subsidies many of those tubines/components are being exported. Apparently we can be competive in the renewable energy market place.
I am fairly certain there are more turbines out in western ND then there are oil rigs. Only difference is oil brings in billions of dollars into our state in tax income.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Got a URL? I'd like to read that. It sounds interesting.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Other difference: wind power doesn't pollute. Oil does.

......"Those things which are verbally true may be factually inaccurate"......... (a former AT&T vice president)

It cost pollution to build the wind turbines.
It cost pollution to transport the wind turbines.
It cost pollution to erect the wind turbines.
It cost pollution to build the high voltage power line towers.
It cost pollution to clear cut miles and miles of right of way to put up the high voltage power lines.
It cost carbon sink capacity of the clear cut areas.

Much as we all wish for it, there is no such thing as free lunch.

Top Bottom