• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Em's New Motor + A Supercharger Turbo Combination.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A turbo option should be good enough. Riccardo has the Hyboost system that would be interesting but as a future build.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I expect to eventually see some higher power options from Elio. I am guessing there will eventually be at least two upgraded power packages. The first one will be relatively inexpensive with some basic upgrades mostly revolving around a new camshaft and ECU tweaking and will likely deliver about 70-75 HP. The higher, read more expensive, package will likely be a turbo motor mated with even more extensive engine upgrades to handle a big upgrade in power output likely in the 90-100 HP range.

pj rogers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't forget to ugrade the entire suspension also...h/d everything to handle the turbo...more than a few bucks.
We want to keep everybody safe at speed!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Elio is all about economy with emphasis on high mpg and affordability............and that will be their emphasis on future models. I appreciate high performance but I'm thinking you'll have to look to the Big Three for that option.

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
My experience is that aftermarket "speed accessories" are more about scamming the
customer than delivering anything significant in the way of power. Especially "performance
chips," which are, in my experience, useless. And why would they not be? They can't modify the
engine's operating characteristics to allow pumping more air into the cylinder to burn,
which can only be done via camming, forced induction, porting, or valving. High flow
air fiters are another useless add on.

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey It's a ENGINE NOT A MOTOR. motors are electric. Ever seen or heard of a vehicle manufacturer calling it a motor- No!!
Hello Durk and welcome to Elio Motors what is that name referring to. Lets go motoring doesn't refer to either electric or Combustion engines. Neither does the magazine Motor Trend. Please note the motorized bikes hanging of the back of my Element. Hey Durk nothing written in stone here; We could call them enginized bikes as far I'm concerned.

Top Bottom