• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Em's New Motor + A Supercharger Turbo Combination.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Depends on the manufacturer. Porsche, BMW, and Audi most certainly all have motors.

Don't forget Mercedes Benz! Technical engine specifications (at least on the diesels I work on) have "OM" which literally means "Oil Motor"

And Ford MOTOR Company, Elio MOTORS, Chrysler started out as the Maxwell MOTOR Company, cars are called MOTOR vehicles!

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up on the mileage. That claim is based on an already turbo'd motor.

Plus, like the diesel guys learn, you can turn up power and get more efficient, but most often the right foot plays with that power too much and mileage goes down.

In fact, I would just like the high gas mileage, at one time I thought 84mpg would never be in a vehicle, Elio changes that... so who know what will come down the line... new stuff... new ideas... are showing up every day...maybe a Elio can get over 120 mpg... things change...

I hate the gas pricing game that goes on... we drill it here, refine it here.. then sell it somewhere else... and import foreign oil to make up the difference... Now, that may not be the real facts, I don't know the oil business...but it sure sounds that way...

I read a article which the US will be the top producing oil refinery country in the next few years.. as always I could be wrong... But I don't see that, at the gas station pumps and I don't think I will see the prices of gas going down in the near future... So anything that takes less gas to move around the country is great with me... and my point was I would spend the extra $1,100 to get the best gas mileage Autocycle I could get...

Proud to be... an Elio owner ... #2225... 3rd quarter 2015

ArthurKent

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Any modern combustion system extracts just about all the energy that can be gotten from the gasoline.
There ain't no way of doubling MPG, brother. No way, Jose. I doubt any claims of a 10% increase in MPG.
Blowers increase power by packing more air and fuel into a cylinder, but that won't improve MPG one whit,
and I have no idea why anyone would think it would.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Any modern combustion system extracts just about all the energy that can be gotten from the gasoline.
There ain't no way of doubling MPG, brother. No way, Jose. I doubt any claims of a 10% increase in MPG.
Blowers increase power by packing more air and fuel into a cylinder, but that won't improve MPG one whit,
and I have no idea why anyone would think it would.

I respectfully disagree. The internal combustion engine is only about 27 to 30% efficient. The other 70% (heat energy) goes out the tailpipe. Diesel is a bit more efficient. I must add that Shell scientists were able to get 150 mpg before 1950...in full size cars. If you're interested, watch the documentary "Gashole"

Top Bottom