• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Engine Swap?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I should have known from you.:D

Hard to tell sometimes online especially after drinking a few rum and cokes and only half paying attention while sitting in an airline lounge waiting on a delayed flight. ;)
You are remarkably lucid for the circumstances. I hope the rest of your flight goes better. :-) Z

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first point to be aware of is that this is a race engine not a production car engine. This engine likely costs several times what a complete Elio costs and is not designed to hold up for more than a few thousand miles of use before needing to be rebuilt.

The second point to keep in mind is that Elio Motors is not trying to build to the most fuel efficient vehicle or engine possible but instead one that gets extremely good fuel mileage for very low cost. There are many technologies widely available in production cars today which IAV could add to the EM engine to improve both power output and fuel efficiency however these technologies also cost more which goes against the low cost goal.

Check out this guy.
Paul Elio's redneck cousin gets better gas milage than IAV

StuartGrant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's what I'll toss in my Elio.

XLRtjG4.jpg

All 20 HP and 33 lb-ft of torque.

Top Bottom