• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust System

corvairbob

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ok so I finished supper & went to your link again to see if I missed something and I did. Skipped a page that had a link to another link (lol) but found this:
Looks pretty simple, I can work on that, most of the new cars, I can't. If I can work on it, I can't wait to see what other folks do.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick exhaust overview is the cat is attached directly to the exhaust manifold in front of the engine and then the exhaust passes under the engine and heads towards an area under the passengers feet where the muffler is located before exiting in the same area to the right and downwards by the right frame rail.

The P4 initially had its exhaust and muffler hanging below the vehicle however a test drive by some news hosts in Manhattan who ran over an elevated manhole cover resulted in the exhaust being knocked off. The exhaust was then rehung tucked up inside the frame rails and this is where it is expected to be in the production model as well so it should be more difficult to damage it.

This thread has a lot of information:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/muffler-location.1416/

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Trust me, the underside has not been the only thing I have thought about.:D

I have thought about about replacements for the front end, front fenders and rear wheel cover also along with a multitude of other additions and modifications. My thinking about all these items has been focused on three different potential markets I have identified.
The first market is essentially hypermilers who want items, such as the air shaping undertray, which are designed to minimize drag and/or maximize fuel economy.
The second market is for people focused on serious performance improvements in vehicle handling and overall vehicle performance which can be accomplished with some handling focused aero mods as well as performance oriented suspension and engine tuning mods.
The third market is for those people focused on vehicle appearance and would very likely include some of the products from the other categories as well as some products aimed solely at changing this vehicles appearance.
Put me in Group 2. Performance and handling trump flash every day.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Quick exhaust overview is the cat is attached directly to the exhaust manifold in front of the engine and then the exhaust passes under the engine and heads towards an area under the passengers feet where the muffler is located before exiting in the same area to the right and downwards by the right frame rail.

The P4 initially had its exhaust and muffler hanging below the vehicle however a test drive by some news hosts in Manhattan who ran over an elevated manhole cover resulted in the exhaust being knocked off. The exhaust was then rehung tucked up inside the frame rails and this is where it is expected to be in the production model as well so it should be more difficult to damage it.

This thread has a lot of information:

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/muffler-location.1416/

Thanks, still trying to get search engine to work as I put exhaust and got nothing; should have thought of muffler but did not. Thanks G1!

Last edited by a moderator:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, still trying to get search engine to work as I put exhaust and got nothing; should have thought of muffler but did not. Thanks G1!

It can be temperamental. I have the advantage of having seen a lot of threads and used the search function a heck of a lot so I generally have a good idea of what to search for and how to get the search to cooperate. :eek::cool:

I believe Okuma Steve is aware of the search issues and has looked into some upgrades available for this. Hopefully he comes up with something good like the anti-spam system we recently implemented which has dramatically cut down on the issues we were having. :)

Top Bottom