• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Exhaust Upgrades?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, went through the whole thread, and did a Bing image search, and I still don't know where the exhaust exits! Not that it really matters, as long as the shape of the vehicle doesn't draw it into the passenger compartment, just curious.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
elio_mule4_side_drwg_small.jpg

MASCMAN

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If it really is considered a motorcycle, the exhaust could be outside the body, run right along the non door side like a sidepipe...of course it would have a chrome heat shield on it.

At least it would keep people from leaning on that side! Lol

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I need to save that pic for my Blender software (open source software to make realistic models...very friggin' cool). Might seem ridiculous, but I had 'visions' of popping off the back hatch (trunk) on the "no chance of rain" days, and rolling down both windows for that "open air" feel while cruising down the road. The issue I had with a Jeep Wrangler I had, was that at certain speeds (with the top off), the exhaust gases would swirl around the passenger compartment so bad your eyes would start burning. Totally different aerodynamics on the Elio though, so pretty much just running too many "mind experiments" to keep me distracted during the long wait. Thanks again!

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it really is considered a motorcycle, the exhaust could be outside the body, run right along the non door side like a sidepipe...of course it would have a chrome heat shield on it.

At least it would keep people from leaning on that side! Lol
I would like to see it run down the right side also, It would improve ground clearance and look cool too!

Top Bottom